secondspin.com
post-191966
Post #1 of 3

dohminator

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Has anybody used secondspin.com to buy used cds. If you have, what kind of service did you get, and what was the quality of the cds that you got.

I'm wanting to begin to build my collection with used cds because of the cost benefits, and it would be nice to be able to order them online. thanks for your help

post-192288
Post #2 of 3

rickfri

No longer lurking
Reaction score
I have ordered 50-75 CD's from Secondspin in the past 6 to 8 months. Out of all of these I only received one that wouldn't play. I was able to clean this one up a little and get it going. I think that if I had sent it back they would have replaced or given me my money back, but for a $5 CD it wasn't worth the hassle.
The only other problem I have had with them is that every now and then (not often) a jewel case will be damaged in some way. But spare jewel cases are cheap, and you can make several repairs with one.
I only live about 150 miles from their distribution center (its in Orange County, CA) so I usually get the CD's within 3-4 days after ordering them using their cheapest rate. Don't know how long it takes for other areas.
A couple of suggestions about using Secondspin:
1. Always order 3-4 CD's at a time. If you order just one the shipping and handling will cancel out any savings.
2. Set up and use their Personal Favorites List. They will let you set up a list of up to 25 groups to search for upon entering their site. I try to check this list once or twice a day. If a CD you are looking for shows up on this list with a quantity of 1 order it immediately, or someone else will. I can usually find a couple of CD's to add when this happens.
The only downside to SecondSpin, and it's not really their fault, is that they don't have everything that I want. But if you use their personal favorites list you'll be surprised at how much eventually shows up.

post-192551
Post #3 of 3

bubbaj

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
ya know, I just hate head-fi. It's cost me hundreds of dollars in only a few months. Now, just when I thought I wasn't going to spend any more money I find out about secondspin.com.

What a great site. I've been looking for new music lately and this is the perfect site for me. Just in the Jazz section alone, I'm going to spend a fortune.

Oh well. Life is too short. I may as well enjoy.
bj

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)