Second set of headphone! HELP IS NEEDED !
Dec 30, 2012 at 3:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

MiyuuKun

New Head-Fier
Hello guys, 
   I'm currently in search of a 2nd headphone pair .So ,if any of you is free , please kindly suggest me a headphone to me 
biggrin.gif

Characteristic of the headphone that I want :-

- Detachable cables
- Works great without an amp
- Stylish look as I will be using it in public 
- Closed back headphone as I want good isolation and less sound leakage from my headphone
- Mainly listen to modern music and watching movies
- Must have a "HD surround" feels like you're watching movie at a cinema
- Portability is also a need
- Price range of 230 $ and below ( might spend 250$ if worth the price )

I prefer if the headphone is not bulky and looks weird and ugly . Any suggestion would be appreciated ! 
cool.gif

Dec 30, 2012 at 3:51 PM Post #2 of 14
Shure SRH840, Soundmagic HP100

I was going to say Sennheiser HD25 but they don't have very good soundstage

Dec 30, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #4 of 14
M50 big bass sharp highs, not so great mids
SRH840 slight mid bass hump, fairly neutral with good clarity and wider soundstage

HP100 has such an impressive soundstage for a closed headphones, they do fold up and they do come with a carry case

Dec 30, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #5 of 14
I heard (I haven't actually heard them though) the Ultrasone pro 750s are pretty good for matching that stuff, they're on sale for 149$ right now on amazon, when they're like 225$ usually, do that's a steal.

Dec 30, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:
M50 big bass sharp highs, not so great mids
SRH840 slight mid bass hump, fairly neutral with good clarity and wider soundstage
HP100 has such an impressive soundstage for a closed headphones, they do fold up and they do come with a carry case

I'll try to search more about the HP100 . Feel free to drop more suggestion :)
Quote:
I heard (I haven't actually heard them though) the Ultrasone pro 750s are pretty good for matching that stuff, they're on sale for 149$ right now on amazon, when they're like 225$ usually, do that's a steal.

The Ultrasone , I like their design . Do you know which one is better? The hfi 780 or the pro 750?

Dec 30, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #7 of 14
I think the pro 750 is better, the hfi 780 doesn't have a removal cable, but the 750 does. And like I said, I haven't heard either but I'm tempted to buy the pro 750 at this price :xf_eek:!

Dec 31, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #9 of 14
HD sound on a portable....hmmm....
i am listening to JAWs now on my Denon d1100  50mm drivers ...and earlier, to STAR WARs.
Modded it a little, stuck some felt n bluetac behind the cups. Its a beast of a can now...tight rumbling bass n airy.
i am having a great time.

Dec 31, 2012 at 5:51 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:
HD sound on a portable....hmmm....
i am listening to JAWs now on my Denon d1100  50mm drivers ...and earlier, to STAR WARs.
Modded it a little, stuck some felt n bluetac behind the cups. Its a beast of a can now...tight rumbling bass n airy.
i am having a great time.

I heard Denon's headphone is good , but its bulky and big although it is good. I just need something smaller and portable and have the HD feels. Noise cancelling/isolation is also a characteristic that I want of the headphone

Dec 31, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #11 of 14
http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AH-D1100-Advanced-Over-Ear-Headphones/dp/B0042ETXRQ

i am talking about this pair :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back