First

Back
1 2 3
Page 4 of 6
5 6
Next

Last
  1. laetulos
    I'd love to come to the Seattle meet and hear some other phones. I have amps on the brain right now and would really like to hear some of the other mythic amps that can not be heard in other venues. Unfortunately, I don't think my system is going to add much to the mix (what, you don't need a pair of 600's?). If you don't mind a newbie around let me know when the meet will hapen. Thanks.

Who

2. eric343 Contributor
    What are you talking about. I'd be interested to give the Cardas HD600 cables a good listen (never really heard them except for a very very brief comparison at WoH). And we always need good sources!

3. laetulos
    Well then maybe I can serve some purpose other than taking up a place on the floor and a pair of phones. I'd be happy to bring my stuff, I really like the Cary. This vision of the 300SEI keeps going through my head...

Who

4. fewtch Contributor
    Quote:

Originally posted by laetulos
    I'd love to come to the Seattle meet and hear some other phones. I have amps on the brain right now and would really like to hear some of the other mythic amps that can not be heard in other venues. Unfortunately, I don't think my system is going to add much to the mix (what, you don't need a pair of 600's?). If you don't mind a newbie around let me know when the meet will hapen.

I don't think anyone minds either way... it's "bring what you got if ya got it" (at least as far as I see it [​IMG]). My first meet I only brought a few records (LPs) and CD's, including a couple homemade test tone/burn-in CD-R's that I gave away to any interested takers. Every little bit adds something to a meet.

Heck, bring a couple CDs you feel are really good at showing off audio gear... or bring any gear you feel someone might have interest for some conceivable reason. The worst that happens is nobody listens to it, which is hardly anything awful [​IMG].

5. Superkiwi
    Quote:

Heck, bring a couple CDs you feel are really good at showing off audio gear... or bring any gear you feel someone might have interest for some conceivable reason. The worst that happens is nobody listens to it, which is hardly anything awful [​IMG]. [/B]

Oops...that's what I'm going to to...bring some "no one wants to listen" stuff...[​IMG]

6. KYTGuy
    I hope to have at least one amp built before the next meet...Anyone know when/where?

I also have some lab gear I could bring - 20MHz twin-trace scope, Audio tone generator, a real good power supply:0-36VDC, 0-5A adjustable current limiter, .01% line/load regulation, no more than 500microvolts rms ripple with 105-125VAC, 55-440Hz, and some other Schtuff.

Big Ugly Guy

7. SteeleBlayde
    It seems we're having trouble finding a place to host. And before we get any gear sent to us, we have to set a firm date at least a month in advance.

The way I understand it, people kinda want Tim at Experience Audio to host it again. The thing is that Wilson is busy. And he doesnt bother visiting Head-Fi either. So we have a problem. Are we going to do it at Tim's, are we going to do it at someones house, are we going to do it somewhere else, or are we even going to do it at all?

I'd call Tim myself, but seeing as I havent been to an "official head-fi organised" meet yet, someone else will have to pick up the ball.

8. eric343 Contributor
    OK, I've called Tim. He's suggesting a Saturday evening or Sunday afternoon, though he and I suspect Saturday evening would be best. (I would prefer Saturday.)

If we want to hold the meet in February, then he's good for either of the last two weekends, which would mean Saturday the 21st or the 28th if we decide to go with that. Otherwise we're talking March...

9. eric343 Contributor
    Quote:

Originally posted by KYTGuy
    I hope to have at least one amp built before the next meet...Anyone know when/where?

I also have some lab gear I could bring - 20MHz twin-trace scope, Audio tone generator, a real good power supply:0-36VDC, 0-5A adjustable current limiter, .01% line/load regulation, no more than 500microvolts rms ripple with 105-125VAC, 55-440Hz, and some other Schtuff.

Big Ugly Guy

A distortion analyzer would be nice, or a spectrum analyzer.

Hell, if you can get a Tek 7L14 or better spectrum analyzer plugin, I'll give you $400 cash for it, on the spot. Though I'd consider a 7L5 or 7L12 of course...

10. SteeleBlayde
    Saturday evening definately works. Its still skiing season though so personally I'd prefer march. [​IMG]

11. Shizelbs
    Hey guys,

Quick question. Are newbies welcomed to such events? I am just starting to get into this hobby, but I can tell already that I will be sticking with it for a long time. At this point I have little to contribute (other than my HD590's), but I love to listen and learn.

12. eric343 Contributor
    Newbies are most definitely welcome!

13. xtreme4099
    hehe the 21st sounds not too bad ...tim better give me some free hp1k's or some cable or some **** hehe becauese its my birthday that day.....

14. SteeleBlayde
    God damn man! Don't you know phishing is bad manners?!?!

[​IMG]

15. Wisenheimer
    As things stand now I can make any Sat. night or Sun. morning meet. I can bring my new Stax SRM-313 and SR-303 if that will help. Is there going to be a turntable there? I don't want to bring mine. It's a Linn LP-12 and takes too long to dial in after transport. I can bring some records. I have 3,500 rock, pop and folk mostly. Since I've heard them I'm taking requests. What do you want to hear? If I don't have it maybe someone else who is going has it.

Wilbur

First

Back
1 2 3
Page 4 of 6
5 6
Next

Last
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.