Seattle Meet Saturday Sept, 7
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 25, 2019 at 10:40 PM Post #61 of 142
I can bring an HD 598, if someone says they’re interested. Thanks for the HD600, @gefski and possibly @gulag_me .

Aug 26, 2019 at 3:08 AM Post #64 of 142
On the same day as Khabib vs Poirier huh? Interesting..

Aug 26, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #65 of 142
Haha. I was wondering how people handle bringing one of those. I wonder how Schiit does it for meets?
You should see him trying to explain that to ferry security when we have the meets across the water.
:cop::disappointed_relieved:

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2019 at 8:14 PM Post #66 of 142
You should see him trying to explain that to ferry security when we have the meets across the water.
:cop::disappointed_relieved:
I overheard a Schiit representative on the ferry with the silver sharp-cornered brick-shaped Schiit Loki, saying something like "Schiit, a brick!"

Aug 26, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #67 of 142
Anyone else gonna be afraid of being mugged? Have too much gear :sweat_smile:

Aug 26, 2019 at 8:36 PM Post #69 of 142
Anyone else gonna be afraid of being mugged? Have too much gear :sweat_smile:
Um the part of town we are going is pure Starbucks Mafia......., lololololol

Aug 26, 2019 at 9:36 PM Post #71 of 142
Um the part of town we are going is pure Starbucks Mafia......., lololololol

Yeah! Hoping this venue is a lot better than the last meet in March.
Lake City library had too many homeless hanging around in the underground garage.

Aug 26, 2019 at 10:21 PM Post #72 of 142
I've deleted the above line due to the possibility of being misinterpreted.

Haha. I was wondering how people handle bringing one of those. I wonder how Schiit does it for meets?
I've done some big international travel with a SS amp, USB decrapifier, power unit and DAC. I just put it in my suitcase and wrapped it around clothes and was never questioned. Probably telling security it's "stereo equipment" would be a lot easier than trying to get them to believe that you're part of an audiophile community in relentless pursuit of audio purity just for headphone listening... or if you have a tube amp, you won't want to tell them you're smuggling military tubes across the border HaHa.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019 at 12:42 AM Post #73 of 142
Yeah! Hoping this venue is a lot better than the last meet in March.
Lake City library had too many homeless hanging around in the underground garage.
It was the space that was available for the timeframe we had. Wasn't 1st choice

Aug 29, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #74 of 142
Does anyone have the iBasso DX 220 DAP? I'd like to audition it. Also I'll bring the Focal Spirit Classic.
Lots of gear and people. @BIG POPPA please do chime in on venue space. It's just a library conference room - how much is the capacity and table size, number of outlets??

I do and I can bring mine. I have it with the Amp8.

Aug 31, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #75 of 142
I attended one of these meets maybe 5 or 6 years ago, but this is the first time that I have my own gear to bring.
I'm planning on bringing my HD600's and a new tube amp that I just finished in June (see Avatar).
Also, a Periodic Audio earphone. (I'll have extra foam inserts)
Anxious to check out what everyone else brings. :smile_phones:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back