Seattle Meet Saturday Sept, 7
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2019 at 11:23 PM Post #18 of 142
i understand.... PB&J is definitely mmmmmm good.

Aug 18, 2019 at 6:01 AM Post #19 of 142
Any happenings with any new people / gear? Any updates from the Facebook page someone could syndicate here as well?

I'm stoked for the event and will probably mod my Stax L300 beforehand. I'm also taking along a female friend. Like me, she's also a sound design artist / experimental noise producer, but it's her first time for any kind of audiophile experience.

Aug 18, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #20 of 142
I'd like to attend as well-- this'll be my first headfi meet, actually, to address DecentLevi's question.

I can bring my Mahogany TH-X00 (which may be duct-taped together, we'll see when FullCompass ships a replacement yoke), a Schiit Fulla 2, a handful of IEMs including Moondrop KXXS and Tin T2, and whatever else I can throw in a bag.

I'm particularly interested in hearing midfi offerings, like HD580, HE560, or the AKGs. Listening to Audezes and ZMFs is fun and all but I want to know more about stuff I can afford :stuck_out_tongue:

If someone has a Creative Aurvana Live I've been particularly wanting to hear one of those for a good while.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #21 of 142
Any happenings with any new people / gear? Any updates from the Facebook page someone could syndicate here as well?

I'm stoked for the event and will probably mod my Stax L300 beforehand. I'm also taking along a female friend. Like me, she's also a sound design artist / experimental noise producer, but it's her first time for any kind of audiophile experience.
Chill Levi, we are bringing a ton of gear. there may be an MOT or 2 coming. And Andrew knows we have a meet coming.

Aug 18, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #22 of 142
I'd like to attend as well-- this'll be my first headfi meet, actually, to address DecentLevi's question.

I can bring my Mahogany TH-X00 (which may be duct-taped together, we'll see when FullCompass ships a replacement yoke), a Schiit Fulla 2, a handful of IEMs including Moondrop KXXS and Tin T2, and whatever else I can throw in a bag.

I'm particularly interested in hearing midfi offerings, like HD580, HE560, or the AKGs. Listening to Audezes and ZMFs is fun and all but I want to know more about stuff I can afford :stuck_out_tongue:

If someone has a Creative Aurvana Live I've been particularly wanting to hear one of those for a good while.
Welcome,gulag_me, bring your gear and your friend, You both will have fun. We have more meets than anywhere else so everyone kinda knows whats coming. But in true form for most of us, we have new gear to bring. I know i will bring new gear. just come and have a good time.

Aug 19, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #23 of 142
Hi everyone. I'm new to the world of audiophiles, but I would love to come and meet you lot, so you can help me spend my money wisely! With that being said, I don't have much to offer in amazing gear to bring, but this is what I own and will be bringing with me

Koss Porta Pro headphones
Sennheiser HD 6XX
Audio-Technica ATH-M50x
FiiO A3 portable Amp

I know it aint much, but they do the job.

Aug 19, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #25 of 142
Hi everyone,
This will my first time attending the meet. I have a new Astell and Kern Kann Cube that I listen with audeze EL-8 and focal elear. I can bring them :)

Sweet, been wanting to try out the Cube!

Aug 19, 2019 at 9:09 PM Post #27 of 142
I've just remembered I have a pair of Bose OE1 I can bring. They're kinda wack-- I'm excited to see what people think of them.
I am bringing my Bosé’s. Love the SoundWear. Listening to them now. The are my commuters......

Aug 19, 2019 at 11:02 PM Post #28 of 142
Hahahaa, pocket post.
Re lj mmm lk pbnj

I'll be there.
Hugo2
EC JR Massdrop amp
Beyer DT1990
Audiotechnica ATH-ESW990H

Not sure what I'm using for a source yet. Maybe a DAP

Does anyone have the massdrop THX AAA amp? Suppose to be the latest and greatest budget

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2019 at 1:00 AM Post #29 of 142
Sounds like we're gearing up for another super unique meet. Some of the latest breakthroughs, as well as more affordable or even good discontinued gear they don't want you to know about at the commercial meets... not to mention hacks / mods. I don't mean to put down the official CanJam's because those shows are irreplaceable, but still though.

@BIG POPPA about how much space will there be in the room?

Aug 20, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #30 of 142
Wow… so pleased to have discovered this!

I helped organize a head-fi meet in Ann Arbor, MI (even Jude attended!), and I just moved to Poulsbo, WA, 4 months ago (with 50+ pieces of headphones, amps, DACs, and DAPs... see my profile).

I plan to attend, if for no other reason than to meet @Soundsgoodtome ("Re lj mmmm li pbnj"), with whom I have been buying, selling, and trading headphones since 2014! Hope he can make it!

I would be taking the Bainbridge Island Ferry and would only have a backpack full of stuff to show. However, I have a wide variety of possibilities to select from to put in that limited space (see my profile!).

If you are interested in hearing something in particular on this list (or anything else in my profile), please let me know and I will try to include it:

Select from:

Chord Hugo (v1)
Lotoo PAW Gold
HiFiMAN HE-500
HiFiMAN HE-560 v3 (soon to be for sale)
Grado HF3 (the newest Grado)
Grado HP1000 HP1 (the oldest, original Grado)
Grado RS2e (my favorite on-ear Grado)
Grado GS1000i (one of my favorite over-ear Grados)
Grado PS2000e (top of the line Grado)
Grado RS1 (original one, with buttons)
Grado RA1 amp (in wood box, great with all Grados and super with the RS1)
Sony NW-WM1A
Shinola On-Ear and Over Ear (Detroit's brief answer to Grado's US-made HPs, designed by Audeze's Alex Rosson)
Pono player (classic, great, but no longer available)
AKG K3003i (my favorite IEM)
Microsoft Surface BT headphones (great design!)
Ultrasone Edition 10 (the $2,400 HP panned by Tyll in a dramatic video, prompting me to buy it & love it).

I would love to try a Shure SE846 IEM, if anyone has one to bring. Looking forward to it!

John

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back