Seattle Meet at Bottleheadquarters 5/5/2018 impressions
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 7, 2018 at 2:51 PM Post #16 of 21
I too wish to extend a big thank-you to our hosts @Doc B. and Queen Eileen and to @BIG POPPA for organizing. Always a great meet at Bottlehead. It was a joy to hear so many wonderful rigs. @Muziqboy 's rig has become a reference for digital reproduction. Got to hear the Neothoriator fed by the Nagra-T. Lee Morgan sidewinder was so involving. Would have been nice to just sit and listen the rest of the day away. Wore myself out but worth it.

May 7, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #17 of 21
Did anyone listen to the Massdrop CTH we had set up in the front room?

May 7, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #18 of 21
That was the best meet ever at Bottlehead and a big thank you to our host Doc B. and Queen Eileen and to Big Poppa for organizing this meet.
It was great to see the vets and the new folks show up and gather to enjoy the afternoon listening to gear and good music. Glad to see @atomicbob, @Torq, @ericr, @Soundsgoodtome, @bimmer100 all made it to the meet.
I have to agree with Tim that those Jaeger speakers in the upstairs room sounded awesome.
Would not mind to own a pair if I only have the room for it.

May 7, 2018 at 4:33 PM Post #19 of 21
Did anyone listen to the Massdrop CTH we had set up in the front room?
I have one in my acoustic lab. It sounds better when the SMPS is replaced with a LPS. Measurements demonstrate nearly perfect square wave response similar but not quite as good as Liquid Crimson. The MCTH has bandwidth to over 3 MHz !!!!

May 10, 2018 at 7:13 AM Post #20 of 21
I’ll be moving out there from Ann Arbor, MI in just over a year, where much of my family and Ruthie’s family is (my sister is on Bainbridge Island, brother in Seattle, son, daughter-in-law, and grandchildren in Silverdale, as is my mother, and brother and his wife in Seatttle). We will be in Poulsbo, and I look forward to meets at Bottlehead on Bainbridge.

Now all I have to do is figure out which of my 20 Grados, 10 other headphones, 8 IEMs, and 16 DAC/amp/DAPs make the journey with me!

May 15, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #21 of 21
You and @gefski would get along quite well! He his a Grado aficionado as well!!

I’ll be moving out there from Ann Arbor, MI in just over a year, where much of my family and Ruthie’s family is (my sister is on Bainbridge Island, brother in Seattle, son, daughter-in-law, and grandchildren in Silverdale, as is my mother, and brother and his wife in Seatttle). We will be in Poulsbo, and I look forward to meets at Bottlehead on Bainbridge.

Now all I have to do is figure out which of my 20 Grados, 10 other headphones, 8 IEMs, and 16 DAC/amp/DAPs make the journey with me!

---------------------

On another note, Tyl randomly stopping by at a Seattle meet would be cool:

@Tyll Hertsens if you ever find yourself needing to park just south of Downtown Seattle with your adventure truck, I've got a parking lot under the shop that's under surveillance (what we do) you can use!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back