Seattle Head-Fi - Portable Club
May 11, 2015 at 12:44 AM Post #91 of 112
X5ii Tour Sign Up:
Tour for the new updated X5 is signing up participants now, starting tour in June.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/765943/fiio-x5-2nd-gen-impressions-and-discussion-tour-application-megathread/90_30#post_11589305

May 19, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #92 of 112
X5ii Tour: Looks like I am on the X5ii tour. If anyone is interested, I will have the tour unit eventually.

N6 DAP Tour: I am on the N6 tour and will have the unit eventually. Let me know if you are interested.

Local Portable Meets: A small group of us have been having local meets to compare portable setups as well as desktop rigs. We are planning fun things such as blind A/B testing, building FrankenSystems, and group cable building. Please let me know if anyone else is interested. There is another get together coming up on the evening of 5/31. This would be a good way to share tour units as well.

May 19, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #93 of 112
When's the get together on 5/31? I'm usually only free in the afternoons, but evening would depend on time. Hard to find parking by my place in the evenings and I don't actually know how the bus schedules run yet. I usually prefer driving to bussing cuz I don't like waiting for a bus and I don't have a smartphone to check times on the fly.

May 19, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #94 of 112
The meet is at 6pm, but some of us will be there earlier to set up. There is a bus transfer station close by.

Jun 5, 2015 at 1:23 AM Post #96 of 112
In case anyone is interested.  I have a Noble BTS arriving this month.  

Jun 12, 2015 at 1:02 AM Post #98 of 112
For anyone keeping track, I no longer have the Cypher Labs C6iem so you can't ask to try that from me anymore. However, if anyone wanted to listen to it, I do now have a Tralucent 1Plus2 in my possession. Cheers.

Absolutely, me please. I have always wanted to hear one to see what all the fuss is for myself. Are you going to the 7/25 meet?

Jun 12, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #101 of 112
Jun 23, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #104 of 112
Custom or universal?

The Qi impressed me as a great value when Barra brought the 1964 Ears line-upto the meet last summer.

I bought it used, it's a universal version. I'm definitely enjoying it right now. I read a few things on it and from how 1964 Ears rates it on their product page, wasn't quite sure if it would to be my liking since they list it as great for bass and drummers, but it's surprised me with a very likeable sound sig indeed. The isolation and fit aren't quite as good as the Supra 2 universal's fit and isolation, but I liked the Supra's mold shape better and it doesn't have to be as large with only 2 BAs so naturally it would fit in my smaller ears better.

Dec 14, 2015 at 1:43 AM Post #105 of 112
Count me in the group! I have an iPhone 6 as my source. My current iems are the CX300ii, Klipsch R6i, and Fidue A73. My headphones are the Sennheiser 449 and the Klipsch Mode M40. I've been meaning to get a Cozoy Astrapi, and I'd definitely want to try it before I buy. Does anyone own an Astrapi? I'm just looking for an ultra-portable dac/amp for use with my phone on the go, and the Astrapi is miniscule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back