Seattle Head-fi meet at BottleHeadquarters 7/27/13
Jul 2, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #46 of 102
I plan to bring my Singlepower MPX3. Have not gone through it yet replacing stuff. I will though......

Jul 3, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #47 of 102
I always wanted to hear a mpx3.

Jul 3, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #48 of 102
I'm going to bring the same setup as last time:
  1. MacBook Pro + Audirvana Plus + iTunes integration
  2. ObjectiveDAC
  3. Objective 2 amplifier
  4. JDS Labs C5 portable headphone amplifier
  5. FiiO E12 portable headphone amplifier
  6. AKG K 701
  7. V-MODA Crossfade M-100
  8. FiiO L9 and L3 line-out-dock connectors

Jul 3, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #49 of 102
If schedule permits I will be bringing the same as last time:

Woo WA7 + Beyerdynamic T90 fed from JRiver on Win7 ultrabook. USB drives recommended for music other than my portable library which is mostly jazz oriented.

Jul 3, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #50 of 102
I'll have my Squeezebox Touch, Asus Essence One Muses, and HD800. The Squeezebox reads USB drives and SD cards (WAV, FLAC, MP3, etc). I can bring my CD player too if someone really needs to spin discs, but I'd rather not if nobody needs it.

Jul 3, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #52 of 102
daddy bought me a new front panel express amp, so my setup will be more than just the FiiO this time!
should look something like this:
  1. FiiO E7 DAC/amp
  2. Sansa Clip mp3 player
  3. Denon D2000s
  4. Front Panel Express amp
  5. plus maybe some portable headphones too

Jul 4, 2013 at 2:43 AM Post #53 of 102
Hey guys, I'm a new head-fi member and I just found out about these meets that you guys organize! I'd love to meet other audio enthusiasts, learn more about audio and try out some headphones, DACs and amps. I have a pair of Sony MDR V-6 (beyer pads), Sennheiser HD 598, and a little Hippo Tube headphone amplifier. I know it's not much to offer, but are these enough to gain me admission to this event? 

Jul 4, 2013 at 2:47 AM Post #54 of 102
Quote:
Hey guys, I'm a new head-fi member and I just found out about these meets that you guys organize! I'd love to meet other audio enthusiasts, learn more about audio and try out some headphones, DACs and amps. I have a pair of Sony MDR V-6 (beyer pads), Sennheiser HD 598, and a little Hippo Tube headphone amplifier. I know it's not much to offer, but are these enough to gain me admission to this event? 

Anyone and anything is welcome to the meets! These meets are pretty laid-back so feel free to bring whatever you're comfortable with. An open mind and ears are recommended. :wink:

Welcome to Head-Fi and sorry about your wallet!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 4, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #55 of 102
Quote:
Anyone and anything is welcome to the meets! These meets are pretty laid-back so feel free to bring whatever you're comfortable with. An open mind and ears are recommended. :wink:

Welcome to Head-Fi and sorry about your wallet!
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks, I look forward to seeing you there!

Jul 4, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #56 of 102
Quote:

Anyone introducing themselves with "I have a pair of Sony MDR V-6 (beyer pads)" is obviously a member in good standing.

Jul 4, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #57 of 102
Quote:
Anyone introducing themselves with "I have a pair of Sony MDR V-6 (beyer pads)" is obviously a member in good standing.

Haha, I've been reading this forum long before I decided to register (yesterday).

Also, would I be able to get a ride off anyone here? I just realized how far away this place is from where I live in Kirkland, and was hoping to meet someone mid-way in Seattle for a ride over to the venue.

Jul 9, 2013 at 4:40 AM Post #58 of 102
Quote:

Haha, I've been reading this forum long before I decided to register (yesterday).

Also, would I be able to get a ride off anyone here? I just realized how far away this place is from where I live in Kirkland, and was hoping to meet someone mid-way in Seattle for a ride over to the venue.

My route includes going by the stadiums downtown to get to the ferry, would you be able to meet up around in there somewhere, as opposed to somewhere less... obvious, for lack of a better word? I live south in Federal Way so I don't know a whole lot of Seattle, but I do know around the stadiums.

Edit: Will be bringing my daily driver, my do-everything:
6,5g iPod Classic w/.AIFF and other various files-->HRT iStreamer-->FiiO E11-->Cans of your choice, I will be bringing my M50's for lack of funds...

...unless I can somehow throw enough money together for some Audio-Technica ATH-AD900X's or some Sony MDR MA900's. Hehe.

Jul 9, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #59 of 102
Ah the M50s. I'm actually curious to give those a more careful listen.

Is there anyone who would be so kind as to provide a ride from the ferry terminal to Bottlehead and back for 2 people? I'll be bringing along one of my friends who is interested in purchasing his first major headphone and he is interested in giving the classic audiophile trio (K 701, DT880, and HD650) a listen. The only luggage I'll have is my backpack, and possibly a box carrying a STAX SRS-2170 system.

Jul 9, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #60 of 102
Quote:
Ah the M50s. I'm actually curious to give those a more careful listen.

Is there anyone who would be so kind as to provide a ride from the ferry terminal to Bottlehead and back for 2 people? I'll be bringing along one of my friends who is interested in purchasing his first major headphone and he is interested in giving the classic audiophile trio (K 701, DT880, and HD650) a listen. The only luggage I'll have is my backpack, and possibly a box carrying a STAX SRS-2170 system.

I'm happy to drive people around, just need to coordinate what ferry you wanna grab to head over there.

My M50's are quite burned in and hopefully i'll be getting some new pads, if that gives you some insight on what they'll sound like.

My truck can hold 5 people comfortably, can squeeze a 6th in the front row if need be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back