Headphoneus Supremus
When : Saturday March 7th, 2020
930am to 1130 am best time for setup and tube warm-up
Gen Pop arrives at 1230pm
Where : Genesis Advanced Technologies
654 S Lucile St
Seattle WA 98108

***PLEASE BRING YOUR HEADPHONES***

This meet will be something special getting to Cohost a meet with the great people of the Pacific NorthWest Audio Society. We will show case a few rigs. SPACE IS VERY LIMITED so PM me to showcase your rig.

1580871995291.jpeg
1580872054344.jpeg

We Will get to audition Genesis’ new 150k turntable on our gear and listen to the 280k Genesis Quartets.
Please bring your Headphones. There will be awesome rigs to listen to them on.
Will up date this post often with new information.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2020 at 11:45 PM Post #2 of 27
The Scheduled Events:

1. Introduction to the Genesis Record Player. This is a direct drive player designed together with VPI that was launched last year in Thailand and China. During the GuangZhou Audio Show, it won the Special Product award.
2. Introduction to the Genesis Quartet with SuperSub. This debuted at the Capital AudioFest last November. It is a special version of the Genesis Quartet that instead of a woofer tower, it features the SuperSub that has two x 15-inch, two x 12-inch and two x 8-inch woofers, powered with a 3 x 1,000W servo-controlled bass amplifier.
3. Introduction to Merrill Audio. These are some of the fastest amplifiers on the planet. And yet, they are hugely musical and organic loaded with detail and clarity.
4. Introduction to high-end HeadFi. Gil Pena, BIG POPPA will be bringing four to six top-end headphone rigs to showcase what is possible with personal hi-fi. So, as a social event, Genesis Advanced Technologies will introduce the best of their home hifi and Gil Pena will introduce the best of their personal hifi.
5. Introduction to local musicians. Local musicians Paul Sawtelle (jazz saxaphone), Raymond Hayden (progressive rock) and Jessica Lynne (country pop) will introduce their latest CDs and play along/sing along with their music so that we can all hear live vs recorded.
Don't forget, this Saturday March 7 event is still happening. However, in view of COVID-19 in Seattle, if you have cold or flu symptoms, or have underlying conditions that might make it a concern, please stay home. Also, if you have been exposed to communities who may be infected, please stay at home and not share.

As a precaution:

1. Do not shake hands. Fist bump or even better elbow bump if you need to touch someone to greet him/her.

2. Wash your hands if you have touched something that someone else may have touched: door handles, shopping carts and baskets, serving spoons, tongs, etc.

3. Don't touch your face unless you have washed your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.

4. If you are coughing or sneezing, wear a face mask. If you don't have a face mask, sneeze or cough into a tissue that can be properly disposed of.

See you on Saturday!!

RSVP list.
@BIG POPPA
@Soundsgoodtome
@Muziqboy
@atomicbob
@gefski
@johnjen
@xtreme4099

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2020 at 11:49 PM Post #3 of 27
2ND POST UPDATED

Feb 6, 2020 at 2:00 AM Post #4 of 27
The Scheduled Events:
5. Introduction to local musicians. Local musicians Paul Sawtelle (jazz saxaphone), Raymond Hayden (progressive rock) and Jessica Lynne (country pop) will introduce their latest CDs and play along/sing along with their music so that we can all hear live vs recorded

I have imagined and dreamed of something like this to take place. This is amazing!

Feb 13, 2020 at 1:43 AM Post #6 of 27
Since we have a co-hosted meet with PNWAS we have limited space for rigs. So we decided to showcase a few rigs. If you would like to showcase your rig, let me know so I can check on space available and would like to have a bio of your rig on 8.5x11" paper. We will have a bio for all the rigs so the attendee's can see what gear we are using.

We need to start a RSVP list going so we can get a good count of peeps. Refreshments and snacks are being provided and a good count will help with that. Thanks for understanding.

Feb 13, 2020 at 9:28 PM Post #8 of 27
Feb 13, 2020 at 9:30 PM Post #9 of 27
Think I’m in the original ”yes” group, but I’ll say yes again. I’ll have a system description.

Feb 13, 2020 at 10:03 PM Post #11 of 27
Gil knows that I'm definitely in.

Feb 13, 2020 at 11:49 PM Post #12 of 27
I can definitely bring the Hugo 2. Should I bring Zdt jr and elex?

I stupidly didn’t listen to Hugo with my server the last time, so would like to if possible.

Big Poppa, how Many Yggys are coming? If there are others, it may be silly for me to bring mine.

Feb 17, 2020 at 8:10 PM Post #13 of 27
***Please bring your favorite LP to Genesis***
We need good tunes to audition

Feb 18, 2020 at 2:18 AM Post #14 of 27
Bringing:

Amps
Custom
6080/6922 Tube Headphone Amp
Discrete Dual Mono Solid State Headphone Amp
PVA Desktop Amplifer

DAC
PSAudio PerfectWave Mk2