Seattle 12/12/09 Mini-Meet Impressions
Dec 14, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #31 of 61
Oyaide Tunami GPX

Swap VH Audio F4 with Oyaide Tunami GPX Power cable. Did I swap? They are awfully sound similar. But if you listen really careful, Oyaide Tunami GPX is more refined, rounded and dense. I got my VH F4 for $129 used VS $500~600 new, you do the math.

EML 5U4G mesh plate
When everyone heard my WA22, one complain in general: It is too lush. Hey, thanks to EML 5U4G mesh plate. I am better off with GZ34/GZ32/5Z3 for now.

Dec 14, 2009 at 8:22 PM Post #32 of 61
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and impressions after the meet.

I have one quick question

If HD800 is recabled as SE and hooked up to WA22, are you using the WA22 in the right way? I know using the SE input to WA22 doesn't utilize the balanced configuration for WA22. I just do not know what SE cable would affect the HD800 performance when paired with WA22.

Dec 14, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #33 of 61
If we are listening to music....It is the right way
icon10.gif
Balanced or not balanced, not a big deal. The HD800's sounded great!

Dec 14, 2009 at 8:29 PM Post #34 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by tosehee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and impressions after the meet.

I have one quick question

If HD800 is recabled as SE and hooked up to WA22, are you using the WA22 in the right way? I know using the SE input to WA22 doesn't utilize the balanced configuration for WA22. I just do not know what SE cable would affect the HD800 performance when paired with WA22.

That is one thing I have to find out WA22 + balanced HD800.

My WA22 is little different than other WA22, since I don't have SE inputs, which mean the operation is balanced untill hit the SE headphone jack

Dec 14, 2009 at 8:33 PM Post #35 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seamaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is one thing I have to find out WA22 + balanced HD800.

My WA22 is little different than other WA22, since I don't have SE inputs, which mean the operation is balanced untill hit the SE headphone jack

That's where I was little puzzled at. I notice that you are utilizing the balanced input and etc, but your end is SE.. So I was wondering how much of WA22 you are missing out on. Maybe nothing...

Dec 14, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #36 of 61
Quote:

That's where I was little puzzled at. I notice that you are utilizing the balanced input and etc, but your end is SE.. So I was wondering how much of WA22 you are missing out on. Maybe nothing...

I still have faith about balanced HD800 at this point. Since I did test HD650 with cardas balanced and unbalanced at same time once. The improvment was quite large. So I sold my SE Cardas HD650 cable in a heart bit.

Dec 14, 2009 at 8:41 PM Post #37 of 61
Quote:

I still have faith about balanced HD800 at this point. Since I did test HD650 with cardas balanced and unbalnced at same time once. The improvment was quite large. So I sold my SE Cardas HD650 cable in a heart bit.

This is type of info that I am mainly interested in since I will be pairing WA22 in balanced manner. I would think your impression would change for good if you used the balanced HD800 in WA22.

Dec 14, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #39 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by madelvice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Boo. Wish I'd been there.

We should hopefully have a Seattle-Portland meet in March or so. This one was sort of secret meet since the space was so tight. Looked like it was made up of just the very high-end stuff this time.

Dec 14, 2009 at 8:59 PM Post #40 of 61
BIG POPPA:

Who is the guy you and others mentioned at meet making his own caps? I am not 100% happy with my WA22 after meet. Jack should offer cap upgrades!

But at $1900 stock, WA22 is more than a steal.

Dec 14, 2009 at 10:31 PM Post #41 of 61
Quote:

This is type of info that I am mainly interested in since I will be pairing WA22 in balanced manner. I would think your impression would change for good if you used the balanced HD800 in WA22.

That's for sure, but by how much and how defferent are the key here.

Dec 14, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #42 of 61
Quote:

That's for sure, but by how much and how defferent are the key here.

Exactly my point

Dec 15, 2009 at 2:06 AM Post #43 of 61
Thanks to poppa for putting this together. It was tight but fun. All the setups sounded good. They all seemed to energize well with specific cans. Poppa's woo3 sounded really good with the darth beyers and sen650 but didnt like it with my la7000s. The woo22 sounded good with the balanced sens and my la7000s. I was surprised to find the woo22 was so lush sounding compared to the woo3. I figured it would be the opposite. Iamoneagain,s amp sounded better with some music and his l3000 and my setup sounded better with other music. His seemed to bring out the highs a little more and mine brought out the bass a little more. The edition 8s sounded good on everything, but the mids are a little congested which takes some getting used too.

I would be interested too hear the same song on seamasters setup and my setup. Tell me a cd and Ill get it loaded on my system for the next one since it takes a while for me too upsample it offline. I think my computer can match a cd player but we will maybe try that out at the next meet. Actually the weakest link imo in my setup is the amphora amp board in the isabellina hpa. Its great for a quick listen but will be nice to drop a nice tube amp at the end in the future. Always fun and cant wait for the next one.

Dec 15, 2009 at 6:18 AM Post #44 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by KingStyles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks to poppa for putting this together. It was tight but fun. All the setups sounded good. They all seemed to energize well with specific cans. Poppa's woo3 sounded really good with the darth beyers and sen650 but didnt like it with my la7000s. The woo22 sounded good with the balanced sens and my la7000s. I was surprised to find the woo22 was so lush sounding compared to the woo3. I figured it would be the opposite. Iamoneagain,s amp sounded better with some music and his l3000 and my setup sounded better with other music. His seemed to bring out the highs a little more and mine brought out the bass a little more. The edition 8s sounded good on everything, but the mids are a little congested which takes some getting used too.

I would be interested too hear the same song on seamasters setup and my setup. Tell me a cd and Ill get it loaded on my system for the next one since it takes a while for me too upsample it offline. I think my computer can match a cd player but we will maybe try that out at the next meet. Actually the weakest link imo in my setup is the amphora amp board in the isabellina hpa. Its great for a quick listen but will be nice to drop a nice tube amp at the end in the future. Always fun and cant wait for the next one.

You, iamoneagain, and me will have to face off on computer VS. CDP issue. For both of your amps should sound a lot of better with CDP IMO. But turntable will beat CDPs in no time......
confused_face.gif

Dec 15, 2009 at 6:23 AM Post #45 of 61

Users who are viewing this thread

Back