Searching for the IEM that is...
Mar 31, 2006 at 1:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

skev13

500+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I recently aquired some ER6i's and cx300's.

First off, I found the cx300's to be very very comfortable, except for the asymmetrical cord (short end kept falling out of my ear). The CX300's were clear, but very very bassy.

I picked up the ER6i's today, and man, these things hurt my ears. I just can't get a good fit with them. I need to mash them in FAR in order to get a decent seal, but then I can't wear them for long. The sound is very balanced, but it lacks a little bass, and I like the extra little bass. (but not to the extent of the cx300's)

Im asking head-fi to reccomend me an IEM that is nice and balanced, has symmetrical Y cord, and has a bit more bass than the ER6i's, but less than the cx300's.
rolleyes.gif

Looking for the range of < $130CAD or so?

Mar 31, 2006 at 2:43 AM Post #3 of 13
A lot of people here will suggest Shure E2C, I am happy with them, Foamies are comfortable, bass takes a little power tho, hooked in to my Zen Micro I use the equalizer to compensate, but with an amp the bass it pretty good.

Mar 31, 2006 at 10:10 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by skev13
I think the shure e2's will probably be a little too bassy, and the e3's will probably be not bassy enough.

I may drop down to the EP-630's, but i'll do a bit of research on the UM1's.

The ep 630 are exactly like the cx300 only with a different cord design (Y) and a different plug design (straight one)

Many peopole say the cx300 sound better but many say the ep630 sound the same. I think if those peopole would try both canals without seeing the price they wouldnt feel the differnce.

I would go with the creative ep630

Mar 31, 2006 at 2:39 PM Post #9 of 13
I'd consider going the extra bucks up to $199 and looking at the Shure E4C. Most comfortable that I've found. I'll confess, though, that even with all the options, I still prefer the foamies. Good Luck.

Mar 31, 2006 at 3:50 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by nadavnaz
The ep 630 are exactly like the cx300 only with a different cord design (Y) and a different plug design (straight one)

Many peopole say the cx300 sound better but many say the ep630 sound the same. I think if those peopole would try both canals without seeing the price they wouldnt feel the differnce.

I would go with the creative ep630

Actually, the difference in price that I paid was only $28 vs $40. I have 2 pair of EP630 and 1 of CX300. I think that the CX300 have a slightly less exaggerated bass and slightly smoother mids and highs. My wife and I use the EP630 with our Zen Nanos when walking. The Nano only has 5 mw output and the bass is not as exaggerated as it is on my iAudio X5L (20 mw). I like the SQ of the CX300 better with the X5L. I did try my CX300 with my GS-1 and thought the bass seemed overpowering. I'll have to try them with the X5L and PA2V2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back