SE530s - how do they sound?
Sep 16, 2007 at 8:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 48

Mus

New Head-Fier
OK, I found out I can exchange my crackling out-of-warranty E3Cs at Shure for a set of E530PTHs at half recommended retail. Still significantly less than street.

How do they sound? Is the EQ accurately flat but super-detailed or do they actually boost certain frequencies e.g. bass?

Ta

M

Sep 16, 2007 at 8:26 PM Post #2 of 48
yeh bass is strong but the rest of the frequencies are hardly damaged,highs are rolled but id say this gives a better smoother sound,very very good mids,at half the retail its a steal they are very very good,and as you can see shure are pretty top draw for service

Sep 16, 2007 at 8:29 PM Post #3 of 48
im listening to them right now and ive got ue10 sitting next to me whats that tell you
icon10.gif
either im crazy or these are a superb set of iem's but i do enjoy warm sound so if warm is not for you u may be a little dissapointed. but saying that they are amazing in mids and even soundstage is special for iem's
eggosmile.gif
i say snatch em up at half price,some would be in envy
lambda.gif

Sep 16, 2007 at 10:20 PM Post #4 of 48
OK thanks.

Looks like I can't really pass this deal up. To put it in perspective I'm in the UK and will be paying £180 as opposed to £279 street so that's still $360.

Sep 16, 2007 at 10:27 PM Post #5 of 48
The Shure SE530 was wonderfully detailed and engaging IEMS, that exhibit the warm Shure mids.

But yes, they are extended in the lower frequencies (bass)...

Sep 16, 2007 at 10:34 PM Post #6 of 48
Dare I say best IEMs ever. And yeah in my opinion better than the UE10 pro. And the reviewers at ilounge prefer it to the UE11 which I have not tried. Remember that everything is relative. So either the mids and bass are boosted or the treble is rolled off. These are rather flat from the bass to lower mids and thats when the roll off begins. The highs are all there and extend like crazy.
They sound the biggest out of the IEMs i have tried. The only thing that bothers me about them is the damn cable.

Sep 16, 2007 at 10:45 PM Post #7 of 48
I just received mine on Friday 9/14 , and my first reaction was hmmm not bad not bad at all, then Saturday's reaction was Wow!, they sound really good, and now todays reaction, is DAMN they are most AWESOME!
icon10.gif

Sep 16, 2007 at 11:33 PM Post #9 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by choomanchoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just received mine on Friday 9/14 , and my first reaction was hmmm not bad not bad at all, then Saturday's reaction was Wow!, they sound really good, and now todays reaction, is DAMN they are most AWESOME!
icon10.gif

What made you like them more and more gradually?

Sep 16, 2007 at 11:36 PM Post #10 of 48
I have some E3Gs for my 4G iPod (20 gig) which has actually been replaced by a 3G nano (8 gig). Will I hear much of an improvement if I upgrade to the 530s? I'm pretty happy with what I have, but I would like stronger bass without sacrificing all the other detail, and it sounds like these are the ticket. BTW, I don't use any sort of amp, the phones come straight off my iPod.

Sep 16, 2007 at 11:43 PM Post #11 of 48
Think of the SE530 as a HD650 in an IEM. Less soundstage, and highs get wacked off a bit sooner.

Sep 17, 2007 at 4:49 AM Post #12 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, I found out I can exchange my crackling out-of-warranty E3Cs at Shure for a set of E530PTHs at half recommended retail. Still significantly less than street.

How do they sound? Is the EQ accurately flat but super-detailed or do they actually boost certain frequencies e.g. bass?

Ta

M

How do they sound? Like heaven...

But, They shouldn't charge you over $200 for the exchange, and you tell them that.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 17, 2007 at 5:03 AM Post #15 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They sound absolutely great. Some would say the highs are rolled off, but to me they just sound not quite as sibilant as others but equally or more detailed, and less fatigueing on the ears. I love em.

How would you compare them to your UM2s? Which do you use more?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back