SE530 versions
Jun 23, 2008 at 10:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mas215

New Head-Fier
The new SE530's that I purchased appear to be a later version than the SE530's from last year. The only ID I could find is on the Y-connector that has the digits 0858 followed by SE530. Can anyone decode this? I saw another post with a different code that said they were made month/year. Does anyone know if this can be determined by this 4-digit code?

The cables are definitely not as stiff as the cables on the older version. Thanks.

Jun 24, 2008 at 9:21 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ILikeMusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shure did change the cable on the SE530 to a thinner (and presumably less troublesome) wire. The difference is easily apparent so no real need to decode anything.

About this difference:
does this cable seem softer, more elastic?
My 530 cable seems slightly lighter, softer, more elastic than my old 420 cable; but the date code on the 530 is 0177 (on the box it says
2007/4/09) while
my 420 code was 1327/SE420.

So the 420 cable, supposed to be newer, seems more rigid than a 530 supposed to be older.

Have i the older cables or the new ones in your opinion?

Jun 24, 2008 at 9:25 PM Post #4 of 7
if I recall correctly, in some other thread Shure reps said that the 530 cable aren't the same as the other models so it's normal that the feel is different.

Jun 24, 2008 at 9:38 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicolas2305 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if I recall correctly, in some other thread Shure reps said that the 530 cable aren't the same as the other models so it's normal that the feel is different.

I asked this question because i read that the 530 cables which tend to split does appear more rigid, while my cable seems softer.

Jun 24, 2008 at 10:06 PM Post #6 of 7
The newer cables are of smaller diameter and considerably more flexible. I'd say that if the cables seem somewhat thick and a little stiff then you probably have the old, and if they seem of a more typical IEM diameter and flexible then they are the newer variety.

Jun 24, 2008 at 10:33 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ILikeMusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The newer cables are of smaller diameter and considerably more flexible. I'd say that if the cables seem somewhat thick and a little stiff then you probably have the old, and if they seem of a more typical IEM diameter and flexible then they are the newer variety.

What confuses me is the date code: 2 different codes, one on the box, one on the IEMs.
But my cables seems very flexible, not thick, not stiff, a little subtle instead.
Really can't be sure if it is the new cable, the date code makes me suspicious, but the material seems more like you've described the new cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back