SE530/535 Acoustic Filter Mod: More SQ improvement than cables? Dampers!
Mar 11, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #376 of 590

Don't think I saw the detail so...

This is what the dampers do.  Keeping in mind that the bigger the damper value, the more veil comes in.

Not sure if anyone has commented on the effects of filters vs. the new Harman "target" response curve ... the filterless or gray bandwidths (above) look more like what the Harman paper suggests folks prefer (at least the panel Harman used with selected non-IEM cans)

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/headphone-target-response-curve-research-update

Apr 19, 2015 at 6:49 PM Post #378 of 590
Great post!!!!! congratz! i have to make some tests in the westone 3! 

Apr 29, 2015 at 4:24 AM Post #379 of 590
Hi! Does anyone know where to get these filters when living in Europe? Mouser makes me pay 20 bucks for shipping... Outrageous. 
And I can't seem to find any other non-american site.

Apr 29, 2015 at 4:53 AM Post #380 of 590
  Hi! Does anyone know where to get these filters when living in Europe? Mouser makes me pay 20 bucks for shipping... Outrageous. 

http://eu.mouser.com/

Apr 29, 2015 at 5:51 AM Post #381 of 590
Yeah
  http://eu.mouser.com/

Yeah, they're still making me pay 20 bucks. And now it's in Euros, which is even more expensive. They're stating they're positioned in my country (the Netherlands), but they're still shipping from some other planet. Though it states that they'll pay for customs, but the 7 euro they are asking is far below the maximum before customs will even try to bill me.

Does anyone else know some other company?

Apr 29, 2015 at 6:52 AM Post #382 of 590
  Yeah
Yeah, they're still making me pay 20 bucks. And now it's in Euros, which is even more expensive. They're stating they're positioned in my country (the Netherlands), but they're still shipping from some other planet. Though it states that they'll pay for customs, but the 7 euro they are asking is far below the maximum before customs will even try to bill me.

Does anyone else know some other company?

http://www.digikey.nl/

Apr 29, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #383 of 590
Sorry for the lack of information: Mouser, Digikey, and Alibaba are all asking for 16-20 bucks for just the shipping. 
But since google doesn't find any other companies that are selling it, I guess that there are no others then? Weird.. 

I can find a few Ebay sellers, but they're so cheap (8 cents) that I wonder if they're the real deal.

Apr 29, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #384 of 590
  Sorry for the lack of information: Mouser, Digikey, and Alibaba are all asking for 16-20 bucks for just the shipping. 
But since google doesn't find any other companies that are selling it, I guess that there are no others then? Weird.. 

I can find a few Ebay sellers, but they're so cheap (8 cents) that I wonder if they're the real deal.

Yeah, when I bought mine, the shipping cost more than the dampers.  Take a chance on the eBay seller, if it's fake then you lose 8 cents.  You might luck out and they're the real deal.

Apr 30, 2015 at 6:31 AM Post #385 of 590
ahaha 90€ shipping form mouser DX... i guess ill have to pay 20€ shipping from digi +2€ per dumper.

If someone bought more than he needs and is willing to sell some I would like to purchase them!

Apr 30, 2015 at 7:39 AM Post #386 of 590
be grateful .. dude ... the shipping cost to Egypt is 75 $ !!!! 
deadhorse.gif

Apr 30, 2015 at 9:30 AM Post #387 of 590

They're funny! so if you buy in euros they'll won more kkkkkkk

May 4, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #389 of 590

that sux DX

but yeah the shipping costs are just dumb...

Here in brazil the taxes are charged in the price of the goods plus freight, so if you buy something like that just add 60% more 

May 23, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #390 of 590
Been reading on the forums for a while. my 2010 set of shure's 530 cable went kaput, so I had to get a warranty replacement and my 535's are arriving soon, I'll definitely try the stock filters for a little before changing them to something else, btw if anyone has any spare filters please PM me, and could anyone confirm if ordering from mouser.com they send you a can of 200 filters for each quantity?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back