SE215: How Much Will An Amp Help?
Dec 25, 2014 at 8:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TRapz

500+ Head-Fier
Hello all. I'm planning to buy the FiiO X1 and a Shure SE215 this weekend; I'll have about $60-$75 left afterwards, and I don't quite need anything else. I was wondering how much an amp would help the SE215, specifically the E11k. I'd buy the stacking kit, spending $75. I could do this, or I could buy the Schiit Fulla, for $80. I don't really need the Fulla, and I'll be getting it at some point; if not now, in a few months. I do use my computer for listening to music every day or every other day. However, I use my music player more than my laptop. So, is the E11k worth it when paired with a FiiO X1, powering an SE215? Or should I go ahead and get the Schiit Fulla? 

Dec 25, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #2 of 4
The SE215 do not need an amp. I use them straight out of my 8 year old ipod and I don't think I'm missing anything compared to when I run them from a variety of amps. I would just use them straight out of the X1.

Dec 26, 2014 at 12:26 AM Post #3 of 4
The SE215 do not need an amp. I use them straight out of my 8 year old ipod and I don't think I'm missing anything compared to when I run them from a variety of amps. I would just use them straight out of the X1.

+1

The SE215 have enough sensitivity that an amp probably won't help.

Now if you still think you want an amp for future headphone purchases that need more power, get the X3 instead of the X1. Has the same amp/dac hardware as the FiiO E17.

Dec 26, 2014 at 8:13 AM Post #4 of 4
Alright thanks. I was pretty sure there would be no improvement but was interested. It looks like I'll have exactly $85 left after I'm done getting everything, so it looks like I'll be getting the Fulla (if they put it on Amazon; have Amazon gift cards).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back