SE Michigan meet (6/3/18) Impressions Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #16 of 28
I give up what are these? What ever they are, I want one.

upload_2018-6-9_13-46-4.png

Attachments

• 2head.JPG
    2head.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 9, 2018 at 9:32 PM Post #17 of 28
These below. What are these then?

Heya, those are my Audio Technica ATH-MSR7-BK with gel pads on them (I fell in love with them after trying a friend's aviation headset).

71RV2no.jpg FCDjpIs.jpg

The pads were $15-20 on amazon and are nice and cool when you first put them on but warm up quickly to body temp, but not over (in my experience). I really only opted for these since the stock pads don't seal at all below my cheekbone which kind of defeats their purpose as a closed can. The gels seal much more easily, and I put some padding down-and-back where the cups themselves have a slight bump.

Jun 10, 2018 at 12:28 AM Post #18 of 28
Didn't even know this was happening... damn.
Same here!
I am in Macomb County and none of my friends are into audio (mostly car guys) and being only about 2 years into this hobby I want to meet some locals with the same interest in audio!
Hopefully I can catch the next one because with work and ‘life’ stuff I don’t see being able to go all the way to a audio fest like Rocky Mountain anytime soon

Looks like some friendly people sharing cool gear!

Jun 10, 2018 at 1:21 AM Post #19 of 28
Same here!
I am in Macomb County and none of my friends are into audio (mostly car guys) and being only about 2 years into this hobby I want to meet some locals with the same interest in audio!
Hopefully I can catch the next one because with work and ‘life’ stuff I don’t see being able to go all the way to a audio fest like Rocky Mountain anytime soon

Actually we just Photoshoped the whole thing, we all have Beats. AL

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #20 of 28
Actually we just Photoshoped the whole thing, we all have Beats. AL
I have Beats... The BeatsX is my daily exercise headphone. :)

Didn't even know this was happening... damn.
Same here!

Hopefully you guys will be able to attend the next one. Normally we feature local meets on the homepage, but since this one was running low on space we didn't have that as an option this time around. If you check in on the Meets Forum from time to time, you'll be able to find out when the meets are happening.

Thanks everyone who was able to make it to the meet. I had a great time, and I hope everyone else did as well. A special thanks to @jbannow for hosting us and @givemetacos for coordinating the meet. I'm looking forward to the next time we can all get together. I believe I heard @JEspina456 is organizing a meet sometime in the fall, so I'll be keeping an eye out for that one.

Jun 10, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #21 of 28
There is one where a thin dude is holding I think an ATH-MSR7 with unusually shiny thick earpads, the inner speaker is visible (no nylon / felt). What was that mod?

I can't remember exactly what he said, but from what I gathered, those were liquid gel pads he installed to provide a cooling effect and greater comfort for long listening sessions. Hope that helps.

Jun 10, 2018 at 6:11 PM Post #23 of 28
I'd have loved to have gone. Didn't know about this. I'm from Fort Wayne, IN. Wonder if I could get on a mailing list or something?

Jun 11, 2018 at 3:20 AM Post #24 of 28
Sorry to those that couldn't join us last week. I really tried as hard as I could to get the word out. I ended up posting multiple times in this forum, reddit, and the other one we can't mention. Turns out there are quite a few Michigan locals and I was surprised we had as many people come out that did. I am not sure if I will still be in Michigan after the end of this summer (finishing grad school), but if I am I will definitely try to attend the Fall meet. Make sure to subscribe to the main SE Michigan meet thread as I'm sure more posts will come soon regarding plans for Fall.

Jun 11, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #26 of 28
Same here!

awe I hope you can make RMAF some time. I had such a blast last year that I am already trying to plan out my trip plans for this year. I currently try to go to CanJam NY and RMAF every year now since they are the most feasible for where I live. Try to set aside the time/money to go to a CanJam that's closest to you. You won't regret it!

Jun 12, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #27 of 28
As a fortunate attendee of the meet, I have to say that the location was awesome! The pictures don’t even do it justice.

Also, @JEspina456 and I are going to get working soon on the late summer/fall meet. Make sure you keep an eye out for details coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back