SE 215 BT vs MA 750 Wireless vs IT-01 with a MMXC Bluetooth Cable vs X
Mar 22, 2019 at 10:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jacob7788

New Head-Fier
Hey,
my old InEars died yesterday so i have to get new ones. I dediced to get Bluetooth IE this time. I did a bit of research and the Shure 215 BT & MA 750 Wireless get recommended quite often with the exception that the shure get a lot of hate and love, so im not sure what i should make of that. Are the Shure still good IE and the only reason that they get disliked so buch is because they cost more than equal alternatives? I've also heard quite a lot about Chi-Fi brands. Are there worthy Bluetooth alternatives to the Shure/MA750?

I like that the Shure have a detachable cable so that you can use a normal one with a normal MMXC cable if your batteries die.

My Budget is 100€-200€
The Genres i mostly hear are Uptempo/Hardstyle/Hardtechno, EDM (e.g. Future House) HipHop Funk/Rock and Metal. Other Stuff too, but that are my main genres.

I'll be using them for workout and on the way to work(train and walking)

Since i hear quite a lot of bass heavy genres i dont mind if they are a little bass heavier, but since i also listen to Rock/Rap i dont want the bass to overlay/push the other frequencies into the background. (Im no expert, so my explanation might be suboptimal)

I hope you can help me :)
Greetings

Mar 23, 2019 at 12:26 AM Post #3 of 5
7-8 years ago when the SE215 came out, it was a really good value. The market has since changed by leaps and bounds, as such I'd recommend getting a newer IEM. The IT01 has lot's of praise. I don't personally own it tho.

You can also pick up a BT adapter cable or portable adapter. There are cheap and more expensive ones, such as the KZ BT cables which are around $15 USD to the Shure/Westone's at $100-150. Same for the adapters, Fiio makes a few models from relatively cheap to higher end ($28 uBTR or $70 BTR3) and the highly praised Radsone ES100 ($99 usd).

Mar 23, 2019 at 6:08 AM Post #4 of 5
7-8 years ago when the SE215 came out, it was a really good value. The market has since changed by leaps and bounds, as such I'd recommend getting a newer IEM. The IT01 has lot's of praise. I don't personally own it tho.

You can also pick up a BT adapter cable or portable adapter. There are cheap and more expensive ones, such as the KZ BT cables which are around $15 USD to the Shure/Westone's at $100-150. Same for the adapters, Fiio makes a few models from relatively cheap to higher end ($28 uBTR or $70 BTR3) and the highly praised Radsone ES100 ($99 usd).

Hey, thanks for your answer. Two questions:
1: Can i use any IEM with any BT Cable without significant drawbacks? As long as the BT Cable itself is good of course.
2: You mention that you'd reccomend getting newer IEMs. I've heard that Chi-Fi is good value for money, so what are the top competitors at this price range?

Greetings

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2019 at 6:46 AM Post #5 of 5
Hey, thanks for your answer. Two questions:
1: Can i use any IEM with any BT Cable without significant drawbacks? As long as the BT Cable itself is good of course.
2: You mention that you'd reccomend getting newer IEMs. I've heard that Chi-Fi is good value for money, so what are the top competitors at this price range?

Greetings

1a. If using an adapter like the ES100 or ubtr/btr3, yes. They have a 3.5mm output (or both 3.5 & 2.5 balanced) and will work with most IEM's. Higher end ones requiring more power, they may not drive as 1 well.
1b. If using a cable like the Shure/Westone one, it only works with MMCX IEM's. Other cables like KZ/TRN/etc. may have .75 or .78 2-pin cables, and are designed to work with IEM's using those connections. You can also make a true wireless setup using the TRN BT20, but it only supports SBC or AAC codecs afaik.

2. The IT01 is one of those. Another is the Kanas Pro, although pricier. Then there's the cheaper end of the spectrum with KZ & CCA and midrange such as BQEYZ. I'm not fully up on all the competition. Take a look through some of the threads dedicated to it.

This first two are VERY long. I'd recommend checking through the last few months of posts instead of from the beginning.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-portable-headphones-and-iems.820747/
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/knowledge-zenith-kz-impressions-thread.698148/
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cca-in-ear-monitors-impressions-thread.900149/
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bqeyz-in-ear-monitors-impressions-thread.894089/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back