-=SCREWED=-
Oct 8, 2009 at 11:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 73

pabbi1

Cavalli Audio Spiritual Advisor
Sent -=Germania=- (aka Stacy) a CD3k frame, custom pads, and JVC DX-1000 drivers last December, along with some other stuff for her to keep in kind, and for her to put these pieces together. I am a firm believer in giving folks the benefit of the doubt.

I have requested the CD3k, drivers and pads be returned over 60 days ago. No longer getting any responses from Stacy, and she seems to have disappeared.

Looks like a trend - to be avoided. I'm only out about $600. Pitiful communications, and apparently worthless when any is forthcoming at all.

Two thumbs down - and feedback has been left in her (joke of a) MOT thread.

Yeah, you all told me - haha, screw me.

Oct 8, 2009 at 11:58 PM Post #3 of 73
Wow! Here we go again, $600 bucks I’d be spewing, sorry to hear the very bad news.
It’s high time the Moderators do a spring clean and start tearing the stripes of some of these so called MOTS.

Oct 9, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #4 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnwmclean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow! Here we go again, $600 bucks I’d be spewing, sorry to hear the very bad news.
It’s high time the Moderators do a spring clean and start tearing the stripes of some of these so called MOTS.

QFMFT

Oct 9, 2009 at 12:46 AM Post #9 of 73
I'm so sorry. She seemed like a thoroughly credible vendor. I know you must be feeling awful about this. A minor thing happened to me here years ago, and it burned my ass for years.

Oct 9, 2009 at 1:04 AM Post #11 of 73
Shes a feckless amateur whos utterly out of her depth and well beyond her proclaimed skill level. She got a more than generous benefit of the doubt after the monstrous foul up over biggies amp and deserves not one tiny iota more leeway for this kind of foul up. It was an inability for people to stamp on this kind of behaviour early on that created the gargantuan singlepower debacle. The office of MOT has been bismirched by her actions under the label and i would call for the powers that be to re-examine the narure if what is required in order to merit the designation. Possibly creating some kind of "DIY seller" designation between full MOT and ordinary member.

What she has done in this case is tantamount to theft and is utterly inexcusable.

Oct 9, 2009 at 1:12 AM Post #12 of 73
I was under the impression that she pretty much disappeared after the amp issues with Biggie, have you tried all forms of contact with her? Or at the very least, if Sarn industries is an actual registered company, you might try going down the legal route, if anything just to get her to respond. You know like how some folks don't respond to pm's or emails until you send them a paypal dispute. I hope things work out well for both of you.

Oct 9, 2009 at 1:30 AM Post #13 of 73
if you ever get your goods back, I've heard s2audio can do amazing frankenphones(cd3k drivers in a sa1k, oh my oh my
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Oct 9, 2009 at 1:31 AM Post #14 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Possibly creating some kind of "DIY seller" designation between full MOT and ordinary member.

That's a bloody excellent idea, Dug! There really should be a distinction between someone who cobbles cables together in there dorm room, names them after famous Maasai warriors and shinny elements, and has captain-of-industry delusions than a person who is technically competent and dedicated.

I do remember that MOT was once used to keep competing vendors from trashing other vendors products. I assume that's still true, but a lot of cats on this site see that MOT and start to swoon (not directed at OP), not knowing the title's history and exactly how and why it's prescribed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back