Screen name regret...
Jun 9, 2006 at 9:46 AM Post #17 of 82
I dislike screen names in general, so just use my name on forums. Thankfully none of the other Carls on this forum though likewise.
biggrin.gif

Jun 9, 2006 at 11:46 AM Post #18 of 82
Douglas and Doug and such tended to always be taken. So I've been using Duggeh as a nick for a fair while now. Although I am regestered under a couple of other real-name-varients in some places.

Jun 9, 2006 at 11:54 AM Post #19 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889
Yeah I used my first gf's name in all my passwords when we were dating, now I still use it because it's too hard to remember different ones for different things. Sucks.

LOL, me and my dad seem to only be able to remember the same passwords
frown.gif
. And the saddest thing is the name we use..

I love my SN, been using it for several years on different forums, so no regrets. Just hate people who think I am referring to a jaguar !!!

Jun 9, 2006 at 12:40 PM Post #20 of 82
I love mine. Have 0 regrets. I use it everywhere so people recognize me on different boards.

Jun 9, 2006 at 1:52 PM Post #24 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh
Douglas and Doug and such tended to always be taken. So I've been using Duggeh as a nick for a fair while now. Although I am regestered under a couple of other real-name-varients in some places.

When I read "Duggeh" it's with a Sean Connery scottish accent in my head.
icon10.gif

I like mine although I realize naming after a band could get stale pretty fast.

Jun 9, 2006 at 1:58 PM Post #25 of 82
I needed an e-mail address back in '98 after college and some other nerd had already taken felixkrull so I had to add the 6. Now anytime I need a screen name I just use it, 6 and all. In the end, I like my screen name.

The wierdest thing was when I signed onto my company's 401k site someone had already taken felixkrull6. I couldn't believe it, if I ever find out who....

Jun 9, 2006 at 3:56 PM Post #26 of 82
I'm cool with mine, although I wish now it was different. Shortened it from "Asrale" which I use on other forums (for the sake of simplicity).

If I'd known I was going to meet some of your mugs in person at the National Meet, I would've gone with another alias though. "Asr" does not pronounce in real-life!
biggrin.gif

Jun 9, 2006 at 4:19 PM Post #27 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graz
As for me, pawlowski6132 was taken so I had to settle for Graz.

Today's best post of the day!

Anyway, my dad and my sister are also D. Vallere. Dad used dvallere on his Vanguard account and it miffed me quite a bit that my unbroken string of 'dvallere' screen names now had to be broken. I started using "belacane" (my cat's name) and that's usually my default; probably 90% of my web visits are with belacane (which I wish I'd've chosen here). But I snagged dvallere in case Dad ever visited Head-fi, then he might feel the same irritation I felt with the Vanguard accounts. Childish, and afaik he has no interest in audio gear, so I wish I could change it to belacane!!

D.

Jun 9, 2006 at 4:29 PM Post #28 of 82
I have no regrets, Cjattwood is my name (Callum John Attwood), I use the name everywhere from emails to my school login.

Jun 9, 2006 at 4:38 PM Post #29 of 82
I wish I would have thought of a unique name that could be used on other forums as well. Denim is OK, but this is the only forum (I think) that I use this name.

When I played Battlefield, my name was SCSI Hardrive. It didn't seem correct as a forum name.

Jun 9, 2006 at 4:44 PM Post #30 of 82
I wouldn't change my name either. I usually use it for other web related things too. I'm not on any other forums really, but I used to play BF1942 under the name HomelessMillionaire...but that was too long for here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back