Screen name regret...
Jun 9, 2006 at 6:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 82

Graz

500+ Head-Fier
Just curious how many members actually like their screen names & how many folks typed in some hasty screen name during registration [size=xx-small]<thinkin': "yea head-fi
rolleyes.gif
whatever...like I'm ever coming back here again anyway..."
>[/size] ... but now, 100's (or 1000's) of posts later, are wishing they'd chosen something different.

As for me, pawlowski6132 was taken so I had to settle for Graz.

Peace,

Graz

Jun 9, 2006 at 6:22 AM Post #2 of 82
Gave it lots of thought...and it still sucks.

My girlfriend, when i was 12, gave me this name and i just cant ditch it. Im signed up _everywhere_ with it.

Rob.

Jun 9, 2006 at 6:27 AM Post #3 of 82
No regrets really, only annoyance is that my handle apparently sounds feminine, leading people to believe I'm a female. For the record, I'm not.

Jun 9, 2006 at 6:33 AM Post #5 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by robzy
Gave it lots of thought...and it still sucks.

My girlfriend, when i was 12, gave me this name and i just cant ditch it. Im signed up _everywhere_ with it.

Rob.

Yeah I used my first gf's name in all my passwords when we were dating, now I still use it because it's too hard to remember different ones for different things. Sucks.

Jun 9, 2006 at 6:38 AM Post #7 of 82
I like mine, but I might have used CaymanSanta instead.

Jun 9, 2006 at 6:46 AM Post #8 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
Head-fi was the first time I used this screen name. I've come to really like it an use it all over the place now.

Your screen name has always been one of my favorites...definitely memorable.

Peace,

Graz

Jun 9, 2006 at 7:42 AM Post #9 of 82
Well my username is the same that I have used pretty much everywhere else (just to make it easy for me to remember) and when I first picked it it's just because it's my name (Matthew Memmory = m_memmory)

There are times when I wish that I'd put some thought into it and picked a cool sounding name but I don't mind it that much.

Jun 9, 2006 at 8:26 AM Post #10 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
No regrets really, only annoyance is that my handle apparently sounds feminine, leading people to believe I'm a female. For the record, I'm not.

ditto to that. i'm a guy too; so stop PMing me, people!
tongue.gif
anyway, no regrets. i use it every chance i get; plus sometimes adding something before it if the name is taken (ie: other SN is yamagatacamille). i like it. i love the name.
biggrin.gif

a far cry from high school when i used 'dude' way too much (eg; 'sk8rdude' or the horrific 'azndude'
redface.gif
) V_V

Jun 9, 2006 at 8:28 AM Post #11 of 82
Like my name... I use it on several other forums. I guess Eddie van Halen has lost all popularity with his recent antics, and Seinfeld isn't too popular any more.

Jun 9, 2006 at 8:58 AM Post #12 of 82
My screen name is my avatar, my e-mail, and pretty much anything else linked to the internet and then some. I have no regrets. I've had this name for years.

Jun 9, 2006 at 9:16 AM Post #14 of 82
I had this internet alias for over 7 years now, and I'm quite happy with it. It actually comes from something else. A character that also appeared in Castlevania.

Jun 9, 2006 at 9:20 AM Post #15 of 82
i have no regrets about mine...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back