Scouting for a high-end electrostatic amp
Feb 21, 2008 at 4:48 PM Post #32 of 44
Calle. Nice to see that I am not the only one looking for the "perfect" electrostatic amplifier. I have been following the releases and announcements the last 20 months, and so far the long gone HeadAmp Aristateus and the upcoming (who knows when) HeadAmp KGBH SE have been the only ones who have appealed to me.

My budget is comparable to yours as well.

Feb 21, 2008 at 7:08 PM Post #33 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heck I might as well post my pics of the ES-2 while we're talking about it!

es2_1.jpg

es2_3.jpg

My god, that's a seriously beautiful amp!

I'm having a hard time reading some of the words on it... what are those four dials on the top left?

Feb 21, 2008 at 7:17 PM Post #34 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, my next purchase over $20,000 is going to be a car for my wife.
tongue.gif

I'm with you, dude, but for $20,000 I could get a new wife!

Feb 21, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #35 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frihed89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm with you, dude, but for $20,000 I could get a new wife!

Is that what a Russian mail order bride goes for these days... tell me more
biggrin.gif

Feb 21, 2008 at 7:44 PM Post #37 of 44
Feb 24, 2008 at 2:52 AM Post #38 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, my next purchase over $20,000 is going to be a car for my wife.

For TV's and audiophile equipment I have a personal "I just threw up in my mouth" limit of about $1,000-2,000 for any one item
tongue.gif

I wish I could restrict myself like that. But my urge keeps me from thinking. A few months... Then I click the magic order button.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Calle. Nice to see that I am not the only one looking for the "perfect" electrostatic amplifier. I have been following the releases and announcements the last 20 months, and so far the long gone HeadAmp Aristateus and the upcoming (who knows when) HeadAmp KGBH SE have been the only ones who have appealed to me.

My budget is comparable to yours as well.

Glad to hear I'm not the only insane person around here. Though I have some good news on an upcoming amp.
wink.gif

Feb 24, 2008 at 7:23 AM Post #39 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Though I have some good news on an upcoming amp.
wink.gif

Tell us more please!
wink.gif

There are rumors that Ray Samuels will built two electrostatic amplifiers (one solid state and one tube). But he have not verified it to the forum himself. Other that those I can't think of any other amplifiers in the making...

Feb 24, 2008 at 1:13 PM Post #40 of 44
Hello,

I have been reading this thread even though I have no plans in getting anything in this price range. But I just wanted to let you know that there is a HeadAmp Aristateus up for sale it appears in the FS section for about $5000.

Cheers!

Feb 24, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #43 of 44
I hope I'm not speaking out of turn here(Justin),nor do I mean cut anyone's throat,but Justin mentioned to me at the last S Fl meet that he has extra boards and that he planned on building a few more Aristaeus amps later this year.I personally think going with the Aristaeus over the ES-1 or 2 is a no-brainer from what I've heard,especially considering the enormous cost difference.Anyone interested should contact Justin to confirm this.Again,I hope I'm not out of line here Justin.Gary.

Feb 25, 2008 at 12:10 AM Post #44 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally I'd rather spring for the $20K ES-2 if I could afford it. Once you see the amp in person, it creates a feeling of intense admiration. Pure wood on aluminum is something to really behold.
biggrin.gif
Heck I might as well post my pics of the ES-2 while we're talking about it!

es2_1.jpg

es2_3.jpg

I've lost my tongue!
What a gorgeous thing it is!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back