Scotch
Jan 18, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #631 of 653
Can't believe I haven't posted in this thread yet. I haven't met a single malt I didn't enjoy, but seem to keep going back to Oban. Love the stuff, but that doesn't mean the rest of them aren't any good. :)

i've had a lot of bourbon and scotch over the last few years and i'd have to say, Oban is my very least liked of them all.
tongue_smile.gif
  if you're nearby i'd give you my bottle ha ha.

costco has sales on oban once or twice a year, i believe for < $50?  something like that.  last time i saw a girl carting a case! of the stuff.  12 bottles in a box.  maybe it was for you?
regular_smile .gif

Oct 16, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #636 of 653
http://thewhiskeywash.com/bourbon/50-of-the-most-expensive-whiskies-in-the-world-hint-it-is-mostly-scotch/

Oct 17, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #639 of 653

My buddy got me into this about 5 years ago. I've drank a bottle a day ever since, even when I had the flu!

Ok, I made that last part up.

Still the couple times a year I have this it's super special. It's not really drinking. It's like a simple change in mental state. And there is never a hangover, with the amount I drink. The place to drink makes it special too.

Oct 18, 2016 at 7:53 AM Post #640 of 653

My buddy got me into this about 5 years ago. I've drank a bottle a day ever since, even when I had the flu!

Ok, I made that last part up.

Still the couple times a year I have this it's super special. It's not really drinking. It's like a simple change in mental state. And there is never a hangover, with the amount I drink. The place to drink makes it special too.

Good stuff IMO.

Even some of my malt snob friends enjoy it now and then!

Oct 18, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #642 of 653

In my job I was given one of those. I don't remember but I think t's about $200 in the US now? Here in Bali it's $400-$500. I'd rather just get Black Lable and buy headphone stuff. Still I don't think I ever had it. I gave away the bottle given to me!

I have had the Platinum, which was fantastic. Heck I love the Red Lable. I have a photograph of a wild monkey with a 5th of Red Lable, who robbed a bar and as we aproched him he was trying to drink the whole 5th. He got this wild look in his eyes then poured the whole thing on the ground. Amazingly he looked 100% drunk. I'll look for the photo on my computer and post it.

Oct 18, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #643 of 653
In my job I was given one of those. I don't remember but I think t's about $200 in the US now? Here in Bali it's $400-$500. I'd rather just get Black Lable and buy headphone stuff. Still I don't think I ever had it. I gave away the bottle given to me!

I have had the Platinum, which was fantastic. Heck I love the Red Lable. I have a photograph of a wild monkey who robbed a bar and as we aproched him he was trying to drink the whole 5th. He got this wild look in his eyes then poured the whole thing on the ground. Amazingly he looked 100% drunk. I'll look for the photo on my computer and post it.

My Dad is a big JW guy so I got him some blue label for Christmas a few years back.
We both agreed it was the most ridiculously overpriced whisky we`d ever had.

Here in Japan Red Lable is currently only $10 at my local grocery store for a 700 ml bottle.

Speaking of affordable blended scotch, I recently got hold of some of the new bottling of Teacher`s "high in peaked malt"  that has been put out after the Japanese Suntory company bought them out.
Best bargain going IMO.Great if you enjoy the JW style blends:

That said, here in Japan I usually go for the Japanese malts. This one is right fine and less expensive than JW black in my neighborhood:

The 12 and 17 year is even better. I tried the 21 year and it was a bit too smooth for my taste.

Oct 18, 2016 at 8:37 AM Post #645 of 653

Just for fun I checked and Blue is $159. Really a pretty bottle. Don't know about anyone else but after a good 5 year run of Johhny Walker drinking Jack Daniels tastes like gas?

No offense to the JD lovers out there just my 2 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back