Schurter quick connect?
Mar 12, 2006 at 7:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

headphickle

New Head-Fier
I just received a Schurter 6200-22 IEC inlet. I'd like some input on how to attach the transformer primaries to it. I was under the impression that it had a system called "quick connect" yet the connection tabs just have a tiny hole in them. How does one best connect the wire, especially dual primary leads? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Further there is a bar connecting the live wire from the plug to the live wire after it runs through the fuse. How does one properly insulate this? It's definitely not heatshrink-able.

Mar 12, 2006 at 7:31 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by headphickle

Further there is a bar connecting the live wire from the plug to the live wire after it runs through the fuse. How does one properly insulate this? It's definitely not heatshrink-able.

Try taking a small sheet of heatshrink (not tubing), wrap it around that metal bar, clamp it, heat it up, and then remove the clamp.

Mar 12, 2006 at 7:46 AM Post #4 of 5
Thanks for the fast replies. The Molex connector would appear to be the right item for the job. It's not so quick any more if one has to place another order for the parts! I think set screws are the rabbit to the "quick connect's" tortosie.

Mar 12, 2006 at 6:29 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by headphickle
It's not so quick any more if one has to place another order for the parts!

Your can find those connectors in any auto parts store, or even the auto parts section of stores like Wal-Mart. They're dirt-common.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back