Schitt Vali and JDS lavs O2
Sep 23, 2014 at 2:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Nihalnoufel

New Head-Fier
Hello,

Im looking for a new headphone amp around $150.

Im looking at schitt Vali and JDS labs O2

Which would be better for pairing with a sennhiser hd600 ?

Sep 24, 2014 at 7:51 AM Post #2 of 5
I found the HD600 a tad cold in it's sound signature like I find most of Sennheiser's headphones are, so I would go with the Vali because tube amps generally make the sound a bit warmer; give them more low end body.

Sep 24, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #3 of 5
  I found the HD600 a tad cold in it's sound signature like I find most of Sennheiser's headphones are, so I would go with the Vali because tube amps generally make the sound a bit warmer; give them more low end body.

I am in india, the shipping for the vali is around 30 usd. If i need to replace the tubes then I have to pay nearly half as much after shipping.

Sep 24, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #4 of 5

I am in india, the shipping for the vali is around 30 usd. If i need to replace the tubes then I have to pay nearly half as much after shipping.

The tubes on the Vali are soldered in, so you won't have to worry about replacing them. The tubes have a long lifespan so you will probably never need to worry about replacing them in the time that you use the product. Unless they're broken on arrival, which would obviously require a replacement product.

I would personally go with a well-built O2, something like a Mayflower or JDS Labs (doesn't really matter as long as it's a well designed model). The two amps are usually considered equal in sound quality, but since the HD600 are slightly warm and lush I would want a more neutral amp (such as the Magni or O2).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back