Schitt company no help, 1 month after purchase still no product
Jan 1, 2014 at 9:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

doublekbang

New Head-Fier
About a month.. well I guess in November I ordered the Schiit Asgard 2.

One time it gets backordered when it was supposed to be sent, fine

Then it gets backordered a 2nd time when it was supposed to be sent after the 1st backdoor, ok. Fine.

Then 18/12/13 shipping was meant to commence the next day, but the next day on 19/12/13, I get an email saying problem with payment and to email them back.

I proceed to email them in the hopes of renegotiating about payments, once on the 22 decemeber, then the 28th december, no reply.

I proceed to email the main email info@schiit.com regarding this situation, and until now, no email.

So 1 month, no, it is past one month, and I still don't have the product I ordered.

They have appeared to make no attempt in replying concerning the payment problems.

I am writing this for 1) maybe this way someone will take notice of this and 2) if not, ***** it, I'll just get another product

Jan 1, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #3 of 11
Never had communication problem with Schiit. Maybe they are overwhelmed because of the holidays, but that's not a good excuse in your situation. If, indeed, you tried several times to get it sorted out and nothing came out of it in one month, you should spend your money elsewhere.

Jan 2, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #4 of 11
Good to know. I almost bought that amp just before Christmas. I have found the email response to product questions to be vague three word sentences anyway.

I have to agree 100% with this, the person they have answering questions is useless. He just rushes out a reply in 5 seconds and doesn't even take the time to properly answer your questions. The Asgard 2 is the only product in the price range that has what I want so I might end up buying it anyway, but their support leaves much to be desired. They've started having some of their products fulfilled by Amazon on Amazon, which means that any order there you will be dealing with Amazon and not them, so I might go that route if I can.

Jan 3, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #6 of 11
Hey all,

Sorry if you've received sub-standard service--I'll take a look, see what is happening, and get it fixed.

But...to get no email response for a month? That's a little amazing. There are hundreds, if not thousands of people on this site that will confirm our email response time is second to none. If you PM me your email address, I can see if we have any record of correspondence with you.

All the best,

Jason Stoddard

Co-Founder
Schiit Audio

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jan 3, 2014 at 10:25 AM Post #7 of 11
  Never had communication problem with Schiit. Maybe they are overwhelmed because of the holidays, but that's not a good excuse in your situation. If, indeed, you tried several times to get it sorted out and nothing came out of it in one month, you should spend your money elsewhere.

I've only contacted Schiit twice and on both occasions Jason responded in full on the same day. Shiit were recommended to me by several members here and I found them to be responsive and timely in both answering questions and international dispatch.

None of the above should excuse or detract from the poor service you have received; something must have gone seriously wrong and I hope this thread helps to get it sorted.

Jan 3, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #8 of 11
Yep, agree. Amazing - almost miraculous! Sure, as companies grow there can be growing pains - but Schiit is one company that is in general very, very responsive. You really can search this forum and fine many, many accounts of amazement at how quickly Schiit responded. I have 5 of their products, and each transaction was smooth, timely, with the product being received in proper working order. 

Not saying your experience wasn't what you claimed, just very very unusual.

Jan 3, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #9 of 11
I was a first time buyer of their products too and I also received 1 line responses which weren't the most helpful... Now I kind of wonder if there was something else better out there... but whatever... stuff is probably better than what I had and comes with a 5-year warranty... still they weren't very helpful in the decision making process... I asked once about which dac I should choose and got a response, yes any of our dacs will improve sound quality... that helps alot...

Jan 3, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #10 of 11
  I was a first time buyer of their products too and I also received 1 line responses which weren't the most helpful... Now I kind of wonder if there was something else better out there... but whatever... stuff is probably better than what I had and comes with a 5-year warranty... still they weren't very helpful in the decision making process... I asked once about which dac I should choose and got a response, yes any of our dacs will improve sound quality... that helps alot...

Hey all,

We get this comment from time to time--and, actually, it's mainly because of us trying to be an upstanding company. There are plenty of companies out there who will say almost anything to sell a product, whereas we, by policy, say nothing: http://schiit.com/about/principles 

We consider waxing poetic about our own products, or telling you how they are so much better than anything else out there, a "hard sell." So we don't do it. This leads to a lot of one-line answers, and redirecting customers to what independent reviewers have said, or to the information in our FAQs. Sorry if that sounds terse, but we think it's a much better situation than a manufacturer shilling their own products.

I've looked into the issue that started this thread, and it looks like there was a lack of communication on our part regarding a problem with the order. We've contacted the customer again, and will do better at keeping people in the loop in the future.

All the best,
Jason

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back