Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread
Apr 7, 2021 at 9:17 AM Post #10,396 of 12,195
Really interested to hear more about whether or not new analog boards are actively in development.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
From a previous interview with Mike, we've learned that a new Analog board is certainly a consideration, but not seemingly a priority for the folks at Schiit - at least not this year. They probably have their plates full with a suite of big-ticket items slated for release in 2021.

Apr 7, 2021 at 6:45 PM Post #10,397 of 12,195
In the GS FAQ, Schiit mentions that they sell the upgraded firmware - it comes in the form of a chip, as you've mentioned. It's not an easy task - and they make it patently clear that you've got to know what you're doing - but it's nice that users can opt to perform this upgrade on their own, as opposed to having to send the whole (massive) Yggy back to Schiit HQ for what is, comparatively speaking, an easy "fix". :)

1617801270665.png
Ah good to know that they have that as an option now.

Thanks for that update.

JJ

Apr 14, 2021 at 4:45 AM Post #10,398 of 12,195
Anyone here have issues with USB not working on Windows 10 computer. I went through two fresh installed PCs with windows 10 and the "Device Manager" has the dreaded exclamation mark showing there are no drivers for the Schiit Unison USB.

I've exchanged emails with Schiit and there seems to be no solution.

Did Windows 10 latest updates and said the usb drivers are up to date. 3 different USB cables. Tried using with no other USB devices on the machine. Rebooted...uninstalled/reinstalled. Tried different ports.

I have an old laptop with win10 and the USB works just fine with the Schiit.....immediate recognition.

Anyone else had this issue?

jc

Apr 14, 2021 at 5:50 AM Post #10,399 of 12,195
I'm on my 3rd PC fresh install. The Win 10 is the Home 64 bit version disc. I'm questioning if this install plus updates might be an issue. I'm gonna try tonight.

BTW, I have a surplus of PC's in my house that I've built over the years and many left over from work. That is why I can so readily put together a PC with a fresh install.

Apr 14, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #10,401 of 12,195
I'm on my 3rd PC fresh install. The Win 10 is the Home 64 bit version disc. I'm questioning if this install plus updates might be an issue. I'm gonna try tonight.

BTW, I have a surplus of PC's in my house that I've built over the years and many left over from work. That is why I can so readily put together a PC with a fresh install.
What release of windows 10? If you open notepad -> Help -> About Notepad it should show you the version.

Should say 1909, 2004, 20H2. Anything older isn’t getting updates any more.

Could be the disc you’re using is a much older version. Whenever I install windows 10 fresh I use this tool from Microsoft to create a bootable USB stick with the latest. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Apr 14, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #10,402 of 12,195

3rd fresh install on the same PC, or different PCs? Re-installing on the same PC isn't likely to solve the issue.

To follow up to SnoowRang3r's question, what's your motherboard?

Apr 14, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #10,403 of 12,195
After my third attempt to try the PC tonight, and if fail again, I will try the different Win 10 install.

Yes three different PC's. One is an HP business PC...overhauled, one is a Shuttle MB and I think the other MB is MSI. I'll have to check tonight.

Apr 14, 2021 at 12:37 PM Post #10,404 of 12,195
After my third attempt to try the PC tonight, and if fail again, I will try the different Win 10 install.

Yes three different PC's. One is an HP business PC...overhauled, one is a Shuttle MB and I think the other MB is MSI. I'll have to check tonight.
Sounds silly, but have you tried a different USB cable yet? :p I've had similar issues before, and it turned out it was the USB cable. Hah

Apr 14, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #10,408 of 12,195
I Did. And we went through all those things. It must be this version of windows 10. I'm gonna find out.
Whenever I create windows 10 installation media, I always ensure it's the most recent version, and then perform all the windows updates, as well as manually install chipset drivers (AMD or Intel) directly from the vendor's website. If this is the case, it would seem the issue may be the Yggy itself

Apr 14, 2021 at 4:07 PM Post #10,410 of 12,195
Hey I just purchased a used Yggdrasil A2. What should I look for to make sure everything is up to snuff. The serial # starts with the letter B which indicates the A2 and upgraded usb (unison) version I believe. Is it advisable to open it and take a look at the internals? It should be arriving in a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back