Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread
May 13, 2020 at 9:42 AM Post #9,991 of 12,059
They will have to update the line outs somehow, similarly to the BF2, so some kind of upgrade will come sooner or later.

May 13, 2020 at 1:58 PM Post #9,996 of 12,059
Oh no, now there will be several days filled with babbling about it. Just let it go — sheeeesh!

A73377D0-6A6D-425F-A7F4-4732A68F552C.jpeg

May 13, 2020 at 3:02 PM Post #9,998 of 12,059
I really feel disappointed of schiit brand after reading some reviews of amirm from ASR of which he stated most of their dacs measures bad, I won't ever buy a schiit dac again

Small question : Did you read other people's reviews of Amirm's own reviews in order to ascertain how reliable they might be, or did you simply take his words at face value, like you would the audio version of The Book of Revelation, for example? No wait, never mind. You have already posted your own verdict here, so I guess you have already made up your mind, and the whole matter is settled for you. My bad..., or too bad. :)

Now excuse me while I strut off to enjoy the audio nectar of my exquisite Yggy A2, oh yeah, another dose of the nectar, for the thousand and Nth time, and still counting :)

Last edited:
May 13, 2020 at 7:54 PM Post #10,002 of 12,059
I go by how things sound, and right now, I have my Yggy2 (fed with AES Lynx Soundcard) playing through the original Freya on my downstairs speaker system and it sounds fantastic to me!!!! Don't really care about "measurements"

May 13, 2020 at 8:40 PM Post #10,003 of 12,059
Small question : Did you read othert people's reviews of Amirm's own reviews in order to ascertain how reliable they might be, or did you simply take his words at face value, like you would the audio version of The Book of Revelation, for example? No wait, never mind. You have already posted your own verdict here, so I guess you have already made up your mind, and the whole matter is settled for you. My bad..., or too bad. :)

Now excuse me while I strut off to enjoy the audio nectar of my exquisite Yggy A2, oh yeah, another dose of the nectar, for the thousand and Nth time, and still counting :)

I was sold the idea of multibit technology sounds better than delta sigma and unfortunately I realized it wasn't. You guys might ask why I ended it up at this point?

well, I just bought a $99 khadas tone board and after hours of testing I can confirm its sounds better than my more expensive multibit unit, I was in shocked and disappointed at the same time asking myself why a $99 cheap unit was better than my multibit dac? why? measurements guys, they really matter after all, and I want to thank amirm from ASR forum for educating us at this hobby's side very unknown by many and advising us about the tech behind a DAC.

This little unit has significant better SINAD than multibit and this might be the reason I'm hearing more details now in my 'Jelly Roll Gum Drop' song and other albums from Zappa.

I know this is hard to admit it, especially when you have spent +$2000 in a DAC and somehow you must believe inside your head you did it right paying this much for the best, but trust me, there're several cheaper better options out there.

Now excuse me while I strut off to enjoy the audio nectar of my exquisite better SINAD and less distortion resulting in more pure audio signal Khadas Tone Board, oh yeah, another dose of the nectar, for the thousand and Nth time, and still counting :)

May 13, 2020 at 9:33 PM Post #10,004 of 12,059
I was sold the idea of multibit technology sounds better than delta sigma and unfortunately I realized it wasn't. You guys might ask why I ended it up at this point?

well, I just bought a $99 khadas tone board and after hours of testing I can confirm its sounds better than my more expensive multibit unit, I was in shocked and disappointed at the same time asking myself why a $99 cheap unit was better than my multibit dac? why? measurements guys, they really matter after all, and I want to thank amirm from ASR forum for educating us at this hobby's side very unknown by many and advising us about the tech behind a DAC.

This little unit has significant better SINAD than multibit and this might be the reason I'm hearing more details now in my 'Jelly Roll Gum Drop' song and other albums from Zappa.

I know this is hard to admit it, especially when you have spent +$2000 in a DAC and somehow you must believe inside your head you did it right paying this much for the best, but trust me, there're several cheaper better options out there.

Now excuse me while I strut off to enjoy the audio nectar of my exquisite better SINAD and less distortion resulting in more pure audio signal Khadas Tone Board, oh yeah, another dose of the nectar, for the thousand and Nth time, and still counting :)

Well, if the rest of your system is $99, that would explain it. Not aways measurements 😀

May 13, 2020 at 11:03 PM Post #10,005 of 12,059

Thanks for sharing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back