Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread
Mar 20, 2020 at 11:59 AM Post #9,916 of 12,119
What are the details of your source?

My system components are:

Cans: Abyss AB-1266 Phi TC, HE1000se, HD800S w. Stefan Audio Arts mod. Amps: Moon Audio Dragon Inspire IHA-1, Woo Audio WA-6SE, Chord Hugo 2. Sources: Yggdrasil DAC and Hugo 2 DAC, Samsung Galaxy S4 tablet. Cables: Revelation Audio dual conduit USB, Cardas Clear dual conduit USB, Magnan Type Vi interconnects, Norne Draug 3 headphone cables. Power: Foundation Research LC-10, LC-2, LC-1.

Presently, as my main source I'm ripping CDs from my large collection on my PC and sending the WAV and FLAC files to the Galaxy S4 tablet via a USB cable. Also, I'm obtaining a few high-res titles from HDTracks. As the primary setup I am running the UAPP audiophile Android USB music player software app on the tablet to process and send the files to the Yggdrasil using the Revelation Audio dual conduit USB cable. I'm also using an iFi USB iSilencer cancellation noise filter with the Revelation Audio USB cable.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2020 at 12:09 PM Post #9,917 of 12,119
what USB (gen 2 / 3 / 5) interface was in your Yggdrasil prior to the upgrade? Did you also have the Analog 2 upgrade installed at the same time? thx.

Gen 2. I already previously had the Analog 2 upgrade installed quite a few months ago. I guess the improvements I heard would have been less if I had already had the Gen 5 installed.

Mar 23, 2020 at 6:23 PM Post #9,918 of 12,119
Found this picture online thought some of you would enjoy the wood work added to the yggy 71Gk-1ZQ9bL (1).jpg

Mar 26, 2020 at 5:14 PM Post #9,919 of 12,119
How much time does the Analog 2 version take to properly warm up?
And are there any means to speedup the process?

Mar 26, 2020 at 5:22 PM Post #9,920 of 12,119
How much time does the Analog 2 version take to properly warm up?
And are there any means to speedup the process?

About a month if it's new in a box. There is no way to speed up the process, save for maybe playing music through it 24/7.

Mar 26, 2020 at 5:47 PM Post #9,921 of 12,119
About a month if it's new in a box. There is no way to speed up the process, save for maybe playing music through it 24/7.

I am not worried about the first time to warm up, I am worrying about the time when it's turned off later for whatever reason. (I don't usually turn off my stuff)

Mar 27, 2020 at 10:22 AM Post #9,922 of 12,119
I am not worried about the first time to warm up, I am worrying about the time when it's turned off later for whatever reason. (I don't usually turn off my stuff)

My experience with it after a couple of power outages that lasted several hours is that within 30 minutes it sounds fine for non-critical listening. A few times when I turned mine off to make changes in the system, and Yggy was off for maybe 10 minutes, and then powered back up I could not detect any difference in sound. I hope this helps.

Mar 27, 2020 at 11:51 AM Post #9,923 of 12,119
My experience with it after a couple of power outages that lasted several hours is that within 30 minutes it sounds fine for non-critical listening. A few times when I turned mine off to make changes in the system, and Yggy was off for maybe 10 minutes, and then powered back up I could not detect any difference in sound. I hope this helps.

I am going to have to turn mine off one of these days in order to do the Unison USB self-install, and I wonder how long that would take. In the grand scheme of things, I should not be bothered about this time thing, but because this is the Yggy, and along with its famous "burn-in" needs, I have been dragging my feet about doing the self-install. Okay, I am also currently not using the USB input at all for my audio listening, so the installation does not appear to be terribly urgent, but still. Does anyone know approximately how long it takes to do the installation? I hear the installation itself is not a big deal, and that it is the disassembling and re-assembling, the unscrewing and re-screwing of about a zillion units in the process which suck up a lot of time. How true is that?

Mar 27, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #9,924 of 12,119

Thanks a lot!, that's very reassuring.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2020 at 1:00 PM Post #9,925 of 12,119
I am going to have to turn mine off one of these days in order to do the Unison USB self-install, and I wonder how long that would take. In the grand scheme of things, I should not be bothered about this time thing, but because this is the Yggy, and along with its famous "burn-in" needs, I have been dragging my feet about doing the self-install. Okay, I am also currently not using the USB input at all for my audio listening, so the installation does not appear to be terribly urgent, but still. Does anyone know approximately how long it takes to do the installation? I hear the installation itself is not a big deal, and that it is the disassembling and re-assembling, the unscrewing and re-screwing of about a zillion units in the process which suck up a lot of time. How true is that?

The user install, of course, involves a far shorter “off time” than sending it to Schiit. If, after the install, it needs to cook a few days to be optimum, so be it.

Mar 27, 2020 at 1:25 PM Post #9,926 of 12,119

i did the self-install in 20 min -- max. it's quite easy.

if you leave the yggy unplugged for even a couple of hours (after it's been burned in), i doubt you'll be able to hear a significant difference when you turn in back on.

Apr 7, 2020 at 2:10 PM Post #9,928 of 12,119
Yea, I’m late to the party. Just got my Yggy back from schitt, for the analog 2 upgrade. It left sounding good and came back, sound MUCH better right out of the box. Everything I loved about the analog 1 version is even better. Hard to imagine the sound can improve once the Yggy settles in. Right now I have the gen 5 6sbboard installed, and I have a unison board sitting in a box. I did not want to install the board until I have had a chance to digest the analog 2 upgrade.

Apr 7, 2020 at 7:17 PM Post #9,929 of 12,119
Yea, I’m late to the party. Just got my Yggy back from schitt, for the analog 2 upgrade. It left sounding good and came back, sound MUCH better right out of the box. Everything I loved about the analog 1 version is even better. Hard to imagine the sound can improve once the Yggy settles in. Right now I have the gen 5 6sbboard installed, and I have a unison board sitting in a box. I did not want to install the board until I have had a chance to digest the analog 2 upgrade.

Ok, I got bored, and decided to install the unison usb. I must say, the unison works much better with analog 2 then with 1. Its a very nice incremental Improvement. Biggest change is more shimmering in cymbals. Unless schitt comes out with possible more improvement in this dac is an endgame for me.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2020 at 5:58 AM Post #9,930 of 12,119
Ok, I got bored, and decided to install the unison usb. I must say, the unison works much better with analog 2 then with 1. Its a very nice incremental Improvement. Biggest change is more shimmering in cymbals. Unless schitt comes out with possible more improvement in this dac is an endgame for me.
Nice. What's the rest of your system?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back