Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread
Oct 23, 2018 at 11:46 PM Post #9,301 of 12,053
Thanks, I'll look into this. Do you find that using this LPS makes a noticeably significant impact on SQ? I am only asking because I'm not familiar with this brand at all, and what their units can do (Not that I am that familiar with a whole lot of LPS brands, in the first place). Thanks for the suggestion. They do look great for offering customized options.

Here's what I said in March 2017 after upgrading the PS:

Replaced the unDAES-O wall wart with an Acopian Gold Box linear PS. Already thrilled with the uDO/Yggy combo, I didn't expect significant sonic improvements, just peace of mind with a quality PS. What I got was an ever more graceful ease (with no loss of detail) --- garden gloves replaced by custom fitted velvet ones.

I've been running this setup non-stop since then, except for about a two week period with the new YggyB when I ran the new Gen 5 USB. Ended up going back to the Ethernet setup. It runs 24/7 along with Yggy. The Acopian has no external hum and runs very cool (it's all holes and heatsink).

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2018 at 11:50 PM Post #9,302 of 12,053
Oct 24, 2018 at 12:25 AM Post #9,304 of 12,053
JOTUNHEIM or LYR...
Lyr 3 for sure if your DAC and headphones can keep up. Deeper soundstage, better layering, less etched highs, plenty of power.

Oct 24, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #9,305 of 12,053
Nov 2, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #9,306 of 12,053
OK. Lame question: How do I get a music signal from my computer to my Yggy? What program do I use to stream Tidal via USB?
Another question: is it possible to play Sirius XM from my computer to my Yggy? I have Sirius in my car with their very compressed audio.
Via Internet they have a higher quality signal. Can I stream that signal to the Yggy somehow?

Nov 2, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #9,307 of 12,053
OK. Lame question: How do I get a music signal from my computer to my Yggy? What program do I use to stream Tidal via USB?
Another question: is it possible to play Sirius XM from my computer to my Yggy? I have Sirius in my car with their very compressed audio.
Via Internet they have a higher quality signal. Can I stream that signal to the Yggy somehow?
Simplest way: make sure Yggdrasil is powered on. Connect a USB cable from your PC to the Yggdrasil. Select the Yggdrasil as your audio output device in Windows Sound setting (or from the task bar.) Play content. If you are a Tidal subscriber, you can then use any Tidal player. If you are a Sirrius subscriber, download the Sirrius player. Anything you can play on your PC will output via USB to the external DAC.

Nov 2, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #9,308 of 12,053
What kind of computer PC or Mac? What OS?

Nov 2, 2018 at 1:27 PM Post #9,309 of 12,053
Tried that and the Yqqy did not appear as an output device in Windows Sound. Will try again. Thank you.

Nov 2, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #9,311 of 12,053
Running Windows 10 on a laptop.
With win 10 it should show up (no need to install driver) ...did you select the correct input on the yggy? Can you try a different cable?

What generation usb is in the Yggy?

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #9,312 of 12,053
Tried that and the Yqqy did not appear as an output device in Windows Sound. Will try again. Thank you.
It should. Try clicking on the speaker icon in the lower right corner of your taskbar. What audio device shows up? Click on that and see if a DAC option appears. Click that. -edit- And yes, you may need to also ensure the USB input is selected on Yggdrasil.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #9,313 of 12,053
Go to your Device Manager (you can jump straight to it by right-clicking the Start Button and selecting it from the list that pops up), and look for anything listed as an Unknown USB Device in either the USB or Audio sections of the list. If you find one go in and select the update driver option. Windows should find the standard C-Media driver for it and after that it will show up normally in your system as an audio output device.

If you cannot find anything in the device manager, then your PC isn't seeing anything connected at all and you have an issue with your USB cable most likely.

Nov 3, 2018 at 7:19 PM Post #9,314 of 12,053
It should. Try clicking on the speaker icon in the lower right corner of your taskbar. What audio device shows up? Click on that and see if a DAC option appears. Click that. -edit- And yes, you may need to also ensure the USB input is selected on Yggdrasil.

Didn't think to switch the input to USB so the computer would recognize the Yggy. Thanks.

Nov 3, 2018 at 7:21 PM Post #9,315 of 12,053
Go to your Device Manager (you can jump straight to it by right-clicking the Start Button and selecting it from the list that pops up), and look for anything listed as an Unknown USB Device in either the USB or Audio sections of the list. If you find one go in and select the update driver option. Windows should find the standard C-Media driver for it and after that it will show up normally in your system as an audio output device.

If you cannot find anything in the device manager, then your PC isn't seeing anything connected at all and you have an issue with your USB cable most likely.

Had to go to Schiit site to download drivers. Up and running! Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back