Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread
Jan 16, 2018 at 9:01 PM Post #6,526 of 12,194
It just goes to show if you do enough bitching ye shall be heard.....
There's only a handful of people polluting this thread with all there bitching with today's news....
The team at schiit is quick to appease them as they know these forums are a very powerful marketing tool for there products...

Yes its an unfortunate consequence of the upgrade announcement... All yggys WITHOUT "analog 2" will not fetch the same resale value today as they would have gotten yesterday...

And it doesn't get any better for Canadians where this upgrade will cost upwards of a thousand dollars due to exchange rate and shipping costs and some kinda bull duties....

How ever I'll keep an eye out for a direct comparison between and A and B yggy and make and I formed decision on the value of the upgrade..

I am totally happy with my yggdrasil as it now and do not feel cheated in any way..

Jan 16, 2018 at 9:08 PM Post #6,527 of 12,194
Larry, thank you very much for your candid impressions of what the "B" version has to offer. That said, can I get a yes or no answer please as to whether or not you feel/think that all things considered, the "B" version is in fact an improvement (in comparison to the "A" version), from a sound quality perspective? Thank you.

That is not Larry's opinion. Larry's opinion is the part where he ripped the person that actually wrote that opinion. Larry is a tool......

Jan 16, 2018 at 9:09 PM Post #6,528 of 12,194
And it doesn't get any better for Canadians where this upgrade will cost upwards of a thousand dollars due to exchange rate and shipping costs and some kinda bull**** duties....

For the price of the upgrade you get that much resale back, is the best way to look at it from a fellow Canadian. It gets you the best Schiit. :smile_phones:

Jan 16, 2018 at 9:14 PM Post #6,529 of 12,194
Please... read what Schiit said.

New-production Yggdrasils have been shipping with Analog 2 boards since October 2017,
so recent purchasers have already been enjoying Analog 2 for some time.
Yggdrasils
with Analog 2 boards are designated with a serial number prefix of “B,” rather than “A.”
http://www.schiit.com/about/news/yggdrasil-refined

Why should I argue with you? Mine was first ordered Oct 31st. Last day in October. I should have received the B version, but did not. A mistake was made.

It's referred to as a change in manufacturing. It was probably best for Schiit not to say when they internally implemented that change. Because now they have to cater to entitled people such as yourself.

Jan 16, 2018 at 9:35 PM Post #6,531 of 12,194
Would love to hear how others who ordered October '17 and received the A board, and not the B board feel if it were them.
@5genez has a 100% legitimate complaint. They're Fulla Schiit with their false advertisement. If this were me, I'd actually sell it and never give them a single penny ever again! Definitely not cool.

PS: I've owned both the Bitfrost & Gungnir USB2 as well as the Lyr and currently own the M&M combo for my desktop, but this is still totally unacceptable.
Calm down... :smile_phones: I just got my return authorization.

It was a mistake. You ever work for a good company that made a mistake?

Being a good company does not mean it does not make mistakes. It how they handle their mistakes that makes the company good.

Jan 16, 2018 at 9:37 PM Post #6,532 of 12,194
Schiit has agreed to upgrade my Yggy free of charge. My out-of-pocket is one way to them. My order was shipped October 2017, and I have an "A" serial number. Thank you Jason, Mike and the rest of the Schiit team.
I'm glad to hear. I would like to remind people that gfhal did not expect anything to be free. You're wrong on that assumption... he was told that all units shipped in October would have the upgraded analog board, and have a designated B serial number... just put yourself in his shoes for a momen and think how would you feel... schiit Tells yo one Thing, and your unit That was ordered in the time frame shows otherwise? The very least you'd want to do is contact customer service and see and clarify why your unit didn't receive the new board. It's not entitled, it's not wrong or bad and It certainly doesn't make you a bad customer to send schiit a polite email clarifyInf their statements they made...

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2018 at 9:51 PM Post #6,534 of 12,194
I'm glad to hear. I would like to remind people that gfhal did not expect anything to be free. You're wrong on that assumption... he was told that all units shipped in October would have the upgraded analog board, and have a designated B serial number...

Thank you! If more people would only read your words.. this thread could become jitter free.
emo32.gif

Jan 16, 2018 at 9:52 PM Post #6,535 of 12,194
It just goes to show if you do enough bitching ye shall be heard.....
There's only a handful of people polluting this thread with all there bitching with today's news....
The team at schiit is quick to appease them as they know these forums are a very powerful marketing tool for there products...

Yes its an unfortunate consequence of the upgrade announcement... All yggys WITHOUT "analog 2" will not fetch the same resale value today as they would have gotten yesterday...

And it doesn't get any better for Canadians where this upgrade will cost upwards of a thousand dollars due to exchange rate and shipping costs and some kinda bull**** duties....

How ever I'll keep an eye out for a direct comparison between and A and B yggy and make and I formed decision on the value of the upgrade..

I am totally happy with my yggdrasil as it now and do not feel cheated in any way..
You could always migrate south of the border.......:ksc75smile:

For the price of the upgrade you get that much resale back, is the best way to look at it from a fellow Canadian. It gets you the best Schiit. :smile_phones:

You could always migrate south of the border too.......:ksc75smile:
Calm down... :smile_phones: I just got my return authorization.

It was a mistake. You ever work for a good company that made a mistake?

Being a good company does not mean it does not make mistakes. It how they handle their mistakes that makes the company good and broke.
FTFY...:ksc75smile:

I'm glad to hear. I would like to remind people that gfhal did not expect anything to be free. You're wrong on that assumption... he was told that all units shipped in October would have the upgraded analog board, and have a designated B serial number... just put yourself in his shoes for a momen and think how would you feel... schiit Tells yo one Thing, and your unit That was ordered in the time frame shows otherwise? The very least you'd want to do is contact customer service and see and clarify why your unit didn't receive the new board. It's not entitled, it's not wrong or bad and It certainly doesn't make you a bad customer to send schiit a polite email clarifyIng their statements they made...
And you can rant and rave in the impressions thread too.......:L3000:

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2018 at 10:26 PM Post #6,536 of 12,194
Looks like they may have had the black unit sitting on a shelf awaiting to be updated... but in the hurry to switch orders to please a customer. someone inadvertently grabbed the black A version and sent it out without realizing.
Haha so what your sayn,
in reality,
it was Schiit great customer service To You...
by going above and beyond, to please you...

That they gave you a black unit,
and that's why you got an "A" board?
Haha!

and moffat isn't some unmatched DAC god.
If no one else can actually make a better filter, that does not loose original samples, then by theoretical standards,
Moffat actually IS an unmatched Dac "god"...(!)

Other DACs using alternative ways like "more taps" is not a true solution on paper but in real world actually does the job to "catch up",
Along with other factors like better input stage or PSU or custom ladder DACs or output stage..

So the competition may have some technical highlights, but...

Now with The Yggy upgrade analoge2 board & USB gen5 combined,
Any competition you mentioned is even less logical...

Who are you kiddn...
there is no competition at Yggy price, still..

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2018 at 10:57 PM Post #6,537 of 12,194
Please... read what Schiit said.

New-production Yggdrasils have been shipping with Analog 2 boards since October 2017,
so recent purchasers have already been enjoying Analog 2 for some time.
Yggdrasils
with Analog 2 boards are designated with a serial number prefix of “B,” rather than “A.”
http://www.schiit.com/about/news/yggdrasil-refined

Why should I argue with you? Mine was first ordered Oct 31st. Last day in October. I should have received the B version, but did not. A mistake was made.
So?
They didn't say that all the Yggys sent since October 2017 have had it. Just that that's when they started it. They didn't promise you a Analog 2 Yggy when you ordered it.
I'm sure you enjoyed the Yggy since October, and have had no regrets with it, until they announce they made an upgrade for it.
They have no reason to need to give you the one with Analog 2.
However, it seems they just gave it to you out of goodwill anyway.

Jan 17, 2018 at 12:01 AM Post #6,538 of 12,194
Haha so what your sayn,
in reality,
it was Schiit great customer service To You...
by going above and beyond, to please you...

That they gave you a black unit,
and that's why you got an "A" board?
Haha!

I am very glad someone understands why I mentioned that. It was excellent customer service.. yes.

If no one else can actually make a better filter, that does not loose original samples, then by theoretical standards,
Moffat actually IS an unmatched Dac "god"...(!)

Its why I do not want to get rid of my Yggy as some here were suggesting I do. I just want it to be functioning at its optimal best.

Jan 17, 2018 at 12:06 AM Post #6,539 of 12,194
Schiit, good time to learn from unreasonable customers, when you read stuff like "I was requesting my Yggy be made to be as it should have been when ordered." you know you rolled out the upgrade incorrectly.
Should have never told anybody the upgrade boards were in new units since October. The fact it wasn't advertised means everybody that ordered a Yggy, got exactly what they ordered. Now you have mad people because you spilled the beans, really dumb.

Jan 17, 2018 at 12:16 AM Post #6,540 of 12,194
Schiit, good time to learn from unreasonable customers, when you read stuff like "I was requesting my Yggy be made to be as it should have been when ordered." you know you rolled out the upgrade incorrectly.
Should have never told anybody the upgrade boards were in new units since October. The fact it wasn't advertised means everybody that ordered a Yggy, got exactly what they ordered. Now you have mad people because you spilled the beans, really dumb.

Obviously, they simply had some mistakes made, and did not realize some units went out wrong. They figured all was well.

They know what really happened. They really don't need your advice.

So.... those who were sent the wrong units? Should be kept in the dark? Remind me not to do business with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back