Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread
Dec 20, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #6,286 of 12,195
To those who vehemently refer to the Schiit manual you're over looking something rather important and relevant.... the operative word ***** recommend ****

Please refer to English dictionary and you shall discover this is very different than a "necessity"

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2017 at 7:08 PM Post #6,287 of 12,195
If Schiit recommends, I comply.

Dec 20, 2017 at 7:23 PM Post #6,289 of 12,195
What does the WAQy chip produce in SQ? I saws them listed here - https://www.vhaudio.com/wa-quantum-chip.html

For fuses I like to use DeoxIt on the holder and fuse ends, and then thinly coat the ends with SilClear. http://shop.mapleshadestore.com/SILCLEAR-Silver-Contact-Enhancer/productinfo/SILCLEAR/
Which DeOxit?
I still have plenty of their Pro Gold (now DeOxit Gold) which I use as a cleaner and protectant, but I steer clear of the red or blue.

And I have used the Silclear, and it does work rather well, but now I prefer the Furutech Nano liquid all by itself.

And as I mentioned above, the WAQy chips "…for me in my system, (YMMV), tighter more well defined bass, more tube like mids and up, better focus everywhere, and better dimensionality.
They remove a veil, one you didn't know you had until its no longer apparent."

They provide somewhat similar results to what a really good fuse will do.

JJ

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #6,290 of 12,195
If you solely uses headphones its most likely not that noticeable.

Its with speakers that produce bass you can feel with your body that burn in becomes apparent. That may be part of the conflict we see about this matter. Some only use headphones.

Yeah Nah!

That has been debunked so many times. Audioholics did a blind test with tin foil and no one could find a difference.

I also use Speakers and amps. Here are my cables. I've never heard a difference.

157586_full.jpg

165444_full.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2017 at 7:59 PM Post #6,291 of 12,195

emo32.gif
.... its a beautiful day!

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #6,292 of 12,195
Dec 20, 2017 at 8:12 PM Post #6,293 of 12,195
To those who vehemently refer to the Schiit manual you're over looking something rather important and relevant.... the operative word ***** recommend ****

Please refer to English dictionary and you shall discover this is very different than a "necessity"

What's the context? Did you read the whole intro?

"We recommend leaving Yggdrasil on continuously for best performance.
Seriously. No kidding.

emo20.gif
..... dictionary again, please? I would recommend you look those words up, too!

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #6,294 of 12,195

It will always come down to personal preferences.
You will do what you prefer and I will do the same.
That they will probably be different should be no surprise to anyone.

I have heard the differences, which prompted me to then dive down this rabbit hole and explored and tested and experimented with what I found, and this provided more than enough 'proof' for me.
If you have experimented with this and found nothing to it, then that is your truth.

If on the other hand you have not experimented and are satisfied with the SQ you have achieved, and that is all you require, then that works for you, but does that constitute 'proof'?

Others will and do have different experiences as we all should expect.
IOW there rarely is a one size fits all solution for everyone, and certainly not in audio.

JJ

Dec 20, 2017 at 8:52 PM Post #6,295 of 12,195
Dec 20, 2017 at 8:56 PM Post #6,296 of 12,195
Yeah Nah!

That has been debunked so many times. Audioholics did a blind test with tin foil and no one could find a difference.

I also use Speakers and amps. Here are my cables. I've never heard a difference.

157586_full.jpg

165444_full.jpg

Which models Marantz are those?

Dec 20, 2017 at 9:19 PM Post #6,298 of 12,195
SR7009 and two MM7055's.

Can you show us what kind of fuse they use?

I believe Marantz uses ones that look like these.

A27C_1_201610011829286929.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2017 at 9:22 PM Post #6,299 of 12,195
Can you show us what kind of fuse they use?

Nope. Never looked at them.
Too hard to get to the back of them when rack is in position.
I just turn them on and use. They sound great and I have through a lot over the years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back