Schiit Valhalla Tube Rolling thread.

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by mr.tom, Jul 24, 2012.
First

Back
48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57
59 60
Next

Last
  1. yangian
    HD600

2. Wes S
    Got it. I have not tried my HD 650 or 600 with the we396a, but i know my DT 1770 are more sensitive.

3. wwmhf
    Your description makes sense, but I did not hear any hum in high gain with a pair GE JAN 5670W with Sennheiser 650 or Byer T1

4. limelake
    I always use my Valhalla 2 high gain, no hiss or problems with 5670's. I mostly use Grado HP.

5. Wes S
    Interesting . . .I thought Grado's with low impedence would not be a good match with the Vahalla 2 and especially on high gain. You must have some super quiet tubes.

6. Marlowe
    I don't hear any hum using Sung-Tol 2C51s on high gain with Sennheiser HD 700 and HD 6XX.

7. wwmhf
    Grado HP in Valhalla? How does do they perform together?

8. Wes S
    Thanks for all the feedback! I think I might have some noisy tubes. Time to try one of my back up pairs and if that does not work, I am going to try another set of adapters.

9. limelake
    Sounds great. Not as loud as my Vali 2, but more bass ( a little warm'n tubby not overly though) and much nicer highs. Sounds very spacious. Volume is about halfway tops !

10. limelake
    No....I just have some GE5670's with adapters and the stock russian amp tubes. Maybe I got a special amp ? Has plenty of power.

11. wwmhf
    I have tried three types tubes with the adapter: GE 5670W, Sylvania 2C51, and the Russian 6N3P. I think I like the GE 5670s the best.

12. TK16
    The Western Electric 396A was the first 396A/2C51/5670 pair of tubes I tried and are my absolute favorite of those variants. Better than the vast majority of all the 6922 variants I ever heard, if not the best.

13. wwmhf
    According to the price on Ebay, any Western Electric 396A should sound GOOD, right?

14. TK16
  15. Wes S
    Here to report, an update of my experience with my WE396A's, after about 60 hours of listening. . . MIND BLOWN!!! These tubes have opened up from top to bottom, without any hint of harshness in the top end and they have become super quiet as well. I have never heard imaging and seperation, so well. I can visualize the performance and placement of the instruments as if I was sitting in the room. Freaking amazing listening experience, everytime I fire them up. These tubes have really taken my system to another level and I am not exaggerating at all.

First

Back
48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57
59 60
Next

Last