Schiit Two Channel Clubhouse
Apr 18, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #826 of 965
I plan on doing that exact thing in a new system that I'll be setting up once the Magnius back order situation is resolved. I have a Freya S too, so it will be interesting to compare them.
I wish they would add remote controls to the headphone amps that double as a preamp. That would make them way more useful in a 2 channel setup.

Apr 19, 2021 at 2:00 PM Post #827 of 965
I've been looking for a central place to discuss Schiits offerings in the world of two channel equipment. Specifically the Saga, Freya, Vidar, Ragnarok and of course the Schiit DACs used in the two channel environment.

No passwords or secret handshakes required, just an interest in two channel from the Schiit point of view.

All are welcome. Anyone care to join?
biggrin.gif
Been looking for something like this, hence my joining the forum in the first place.
My modest setup (as i can't post in the main yet due to being new) :beyersmile:

Attachments

• 20210419_161123[1].jpg
    20210419_161123[1].jpg
    795.6 KB · Views: 0
Apr 19, 2021 at 6:12 PM Post #828 of 965
Been looking for something like this, hence my joining the forum in the first place.
My modest setup (as i can't post in the main yet due to being new) :beyersmile:
Cool shelves. What are they and do they come in larger sizes?

May 3, 2021 at 10:06 AM Post #830 of 965
Jul 18, 2021 at 8:10 PM Post #831 of 965
Okay folks. Odd here: BF2 works with the coax out from a Sony ....800m BluRay etc player ... with a cd ... but not a movie from dvd or bluray ... Modius takes both signals fine from same cable?

They both take signals up to 24/192, not sure why they'd pick different streams.

Jul 18, 2021 at 8:58 PM Post #832 of 965
Okay folks. Odd here: BF2 works with the coax out from a Sony ....800m BluRay etc player ... with a cd ... but not a movie from dvd or bluray ... Modius takes both signals fine from same cable?

They both take signals up to 24/192, not sure why they'd pick different streams.
Check the owners manual and the settings on your player. The video's digital audio is probably going to the HDMI output.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2021 at 3:45 AM Post #835 of 965
I wish they would add remote controls to the headphone amps that double as a preamp. That would make them way more useful in a 2 channel setup.
A remote for my Bifrost 2/Jot 2 Phono stack would be amazing. This stack is literally the heart of my nearfield system, and adding a remote would make it a pretty strong contender for sitting at the heart of my main rig.

Sep 26, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #836 of 965
2021 has been the year I really ventured into 2-channel stereo from headphones.

In late June this year I picked up a pair of Klipsch Cornwall IVs. I'm currently powering them with an Onkyo TXNR757 A/V receiver. Which sounds way better than I thought it would. I'm bypassing the internal DAC of the receiver with a Schiit Modius DAC.

Before this year is up I intend to add all new electronics. Schiit Freya+ pre and 2 Schiit Aegirs running in dual mono. I may also go with a Bifrost 2 DAC, even though the much cheaper Modius I already have measures way better....I've never heard a person say they thought the Modius sounded better than the BF2.

I would already have bought the electronics but I decided to do some car mods first...which is also a quite expensive hobby...so I'm thinking late October-early November should have my bank account back to the required cushioning to make such a purchase.

Anyway I'm excited. What do you all think of this potential system? Should I definitely plan on a BF2 or at least try it with the Modius first?

Sep 26, 2021 at 2:40 PM Post #838 of 965
Generally I'd start with what you posses, i.e. Modius and change the amplifier section only. Then you will see, resp. hear. Just an idea, isn't one Aegir enough for Cornwalls, as they are highly sensitive?
I’d try one aegir first too. I’ve heard that Klipsch over estimates the sensitivity of their speakers, but a single aegir is enough to power my forte IIs.

Sep 26, 2021 at 4:52 PM Post #839 of 965
Anyway I'm excited. What do you all think of this potential system? Should I definitely plan on a BF2 or at least try it with the Modius first?
This is great news!

Personally, I think finding an end-game amp is easier than a DAC. DACs are subtle beasts, quick to <fill-n-the-blank>.
Amps can distangle the sounds and provide the dynamics you want and you're done.

VIdars are really close to endgame (haven't heard Aegirs). Or you can go nuts and wait for the Tyr to come out.

Sep 26, 2021 at 5:21 PM Post #840 of 965
VIdars are really close to endgame (haven't heard Aegirs). Or you can go nuts and wait for the Tyr to come out.
I prefer the Ragnarok 2 over the Vidar. Haven't had the Aegir, either. The XTZ Edge A2-300 sounds surprisingly similar to the Ragnarok 2 despite being class D, and I like it a lot as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back