Schiit Two Channel Clubhouse
Dec 1, 2020 at 5:19 PM Post #766 of 965
What is the 'sound character' of the various headphone amps? and the preamps, or are they just transparent? I'm using my lyr2 as a temporary solution and my experience is like others', alot of bass and alot of life. Gold Lion 🦁 tubes.

Dec 1, 2020 at 5:47 PM Post #767 of 965
inspired by this, my wife and I re-configured the room such that the Maggies now have nothing at all between them, and are about 5ft in to the room; very happy with the change!

Maggies are awesome and need to breathe ! It will reward you with every listen.. Enjoy !

Dec 3, 2020 at 1:36 PM Post #769 of 965
Like many others I keep an eye on the Schiit B-stock and closeout section. A week ago I picked up a Freya S. On Monday I snagged a Saga S. Today a B-stock Aeigr appeared so, I grabbed it as well. Many weeks of happy listening are in my future.

Dec 3, 2020 at 8:04 PM Post #770 of 965
Like many others I keep an eye on the Schiit B-stock and closeout section. A week ago I picked up a Freya S. On Monday I snagged a Saga S. Today a B-stock Aeigr appeared so, I grabbed it as well. Many weeks of happy listening are in my future.

I saw those 2 aegirs this morning and thought about snagging one. I have one now that I am enjoying but the thought of adding another is intriguing

Dec 3, 2020 at 8:35 PM Post #771 of 965
I saw those 2 aegirs this morning and thought about snagging one. I have one now that I am enjoying but the thought of adding another is intriguing

I'm anxious to try it with my Harbeth 30.2s. Or perhaps put together what John Darko calls a Klipschiit system. I currently have a Vidar.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2020 at 7:00 AM Post #772 of 965
I started with 2 aegirs in mono, then tried a single aegir for grins... I found the single Aegir experience to be far more refined and better sounding.. Something about bridged mode that hurts the nuances and timbre.. It’s just not as good, IME.

Dec 11, 2020 at 5:35 PM Post #773 of 965
After keeping my solid state 2ch system on for 2w it achieves an incredible aura of 3d. Anything less and the soundstage is really flat.

This is for components that are several years old so it's not new burn-in. I have no explanation for the phenomenon.

Dec 12, 2020 at 1:02 PM Post #774 of 965
So.. my love affair with the Freya+ has come to an end.. sighs.. I truly was enjoying it for about 8 months now.. I have some nice NOS Sylvania chrome tops which have nice bloom and texture. I love the passive and Jfet modes! What a great idea, maybe not so much how it’s implemented.. I’m not sure, but there is no doubt about what I’m hearing, or not hearing..
On my office system, I played a song I heard recently and it sounded different, yet from the same source, resolution, etc.. So I played it again and sure enough.. I was hearing more detail and instruments more clearly. This using a Magni 3 as a preamp into a Pass ACA Amp thru my speakers. So... back to the main system..
I put my 16+ year old Django TVC in place of the Freya And replayed the music. using the same cabling, everything.
To my dismay, everything was now there sonically.. Everything was clearer and more crisp/defined. The missing sounds were there.. What? So naturally I suspected the tubes, on to passive and Jfet. Nope.. same !! Schiit !! Somewhere along the path, the Freya is losing resolution or adding grunge.. I don’t know, but Im moving on with something else or the Django will become my Linestage..
When I got my amp, I was warned to match it properly.. I’m going to try something else here real soon.. we shall see..

Dec 12, 2020 at 6:40 PM Post #775 of 965
So.. my love affair with the Freya+ has come to an end.. sighs.. I truly was enjoying it for about 8 months now.. I have some nice NOS Sylvania chrome tops which have nice bloom and texture. I love the passive and Jfet modes! What a great idea, maybe not so much how it’s implemented.. I’m not sure, but there is no doubt about what I’m hearing, or not hearing..
On my office system, I played a song I heard recently and it sounded different, yet from the same source, resolution, etc.. So I played it again and sure enough.. I was hearing more detail and instruments more clearly. This using a Magni 3 as a preamp into a Pass ACA Amp thru my speakers. So... back to the main system..
I put my 16+ year old Django TVC in place of the Freya And replayed the music. using the same cabling, everything.
To my dismay, everything was now there sonically.. Everything was clearer and more crisp/defined. The missing sounds were there.. What? So naturally I suspected the tubes, on to passive and Jfet. Nope.. same !! Schiit !! Somewhere along the path, the Freya is losing resolution or adding grunge.. I don’t know, but Im moving on with something else or the Django will become my Linestage..
When I got my amp, I was warned to match it properly.. I’m going to try something else here real soon.. we shall see..

I was going to move on from my Freya s (which I love) to a freya +. Now you have me questioning that move.

Dec 12, 2020 at 8:06 PM Post #776 of 965
I was going to move on from my Freya s (which I love) to a freya +. Now you have me questioning that move.

I have a XP12 on the way with a trial period. Great reviews and synergy according to reviews.. My first preamp without tubes..
will see, and hear.. soon.. According to Jason and others at Schiit.. the Freya S was overbuilt ? In what respect I don’t know..
you might want to find out and hold onto it..

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2020 at 4:48 AM Post #778 of 965
You guys should swap gear for 6 months

im in Charlotte NC.. I welcome fellow audiophiles and music lovers to come by and talk/share ... This virus has slowed things down.. but I’ve had a friend or two over
recently, being careful but still living life.. These screwed up times and television have pushed me deeper into music..

A8AEE185-C1BA-4543-A620-E1F103E5E161.jpeg

Dec 13, 2020 at 12:31 PM Post #780 of 965
im in Charlotte NC.. I welcome fellow audiophiles and music lovers to come by and talk/share ... This virus has slowed things down.. but I’ve had a friend or two over
recently, being careful but still living life.. These screwed up times and television have pushed me deeper into music..

A8AEE185-C1BA-4543-A620-E1F103E5E161.jpeg
Fort Mill here, howdy neighbor!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back