Schiit Stack + New sound card?
Nov 14, 2014 at 7:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Plexon

Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

Planning to get either the AKG 550s, DT 770's, or the ATH-A900X's fort gaming purposes soon.

I was just wondering:

Is it better to get both the schiit stack and, as an example, a Sound Blaster Z?

Would that benefit the sound at all? Or should I get one or the other?

Thanks in advance!

Nov 26, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #2 of 3
This is what I would do, get both, have the schiit set up just for music in foobar/ whatever player you use and set a input switch for the amp so you never have to worry about un/replugging.

Of course you might be satisfied with the music from the card and not want another DAC, or you might find yourself playing games that require specific technologies for positional audio being played less and less and be happy with the schiit. I know my bifrost is fine in arma3 for example.

So start with the headphones and amp and go from there as you see fit?

Dec 12, 2014 at 10:13 AM Post #3 of 3
Hmm - sorry I'm semi necroing this thread..

Isn't this the reason the 'opti' modi was invented - so you can get Stereo + 'cues' for the gaming surround? 

A fair few mobo's support optical gaming audio out (DTS connect / DD Live), otherwise you'd need the sound-card you want anyway.

So, no idea which 'schiit stack' you're after - but if you go with an optical in Schiit DAC, then you're fine for PC gaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back