Schiit Ragnarok vs Violectric V281 vs Bakoon HPA-21
May 4, 2015 at 3:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

goobicii

100+ Head-Fier
I narrowed it down to these three amps,witch one is best with LCD X? Some call Ragnarok best solid state headphone amp ever made,but that can be said about violetric too,then there are ppl who claim bakoon satri in current mode have cleanest best mids and treble,witch one is king

May 24, 2015 at 8:14 AM Post #2 of 6
Haven´t heard neither Ragnarok nor Bakoon but have heard  LCD-X with Violectric V281 and it sounded brilliant. Also tried LCD-2 with Violectric V281 and that was great combo as well. Violectric V281 has plenty of power and sounded musical and crystal clear. I would recommend it.

Aug 30, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #6 of 6
No problems with the sound of the v281 here; its a lovely amp with plenty of power. Most of the time I run it with minimum (-14db) gain, even with my HE-1000's. I don't have the Ragnarok or the Bakoon to compare, though. It seems that the Ragnarok is basically a speaker amp that can power headphones, so ymmv.

Edit: Might be worth waiting for the v282/v284 though. No idea when they are coming out, though. Its been three years since the v281 came out and about seven since they were all announced.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back