Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier
Nov 11, 2021 at 8:22 PM Post #1,636 of 1,985
Anyone using the Rag 2 with a Susvara or have experience trying them out at shows or auditions? I'm considering buying the Rag 2 over the GS-X Mini because in my own mind the Rag 2 should do well with the Susvara or good enough. I would really appreciate it if anyone would like to share their experience

Nov 12, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #1,637 of 1,985
Anyone using the Rag 2 with a Susvara or have experience trying them out at shows or auditions? I'm considering buying the Rag 2 over the GS-X Mini because in my own mind the Rag 2 should do well with the Susvara or good enough. I would really appreciate it if anyone would like to share their experience
Not with a Susvara but I use a Rag 2 with a HE6se which is pretty much about as difficult to drive and it does very well, tons of slam even on just mid-gain.

Jan 1, 2022 at 8:07 PM Post #1,639 of 1,985
Anyone here using this amp with Monitor Audio Silver series speakers? I'm looking for a way to have both speakers and headphones in one setup.

Jan 14, 2022 at 3:18 PM Post #1,641 of 1,985
Maybe not the most refined sound you can get, but for the price it drives the Susvara very good. Also, you need to be able to accept the 128 step relay switched volume pot.

Jan 14, 2022 at 3:28 PM Post #1,642 of 1,985
Jan 16, 2022 at 7:32 PM Post #1,644 of 1,985
Jan 16, 2022 at 9:34 PM Post #1,645 of 1,985
Then yes, the Rag will work as a preamp. It would be a little overkill if you don't plan on using other speakers
I have all my dacs connect to the Rag, it would be easier for me if I wanted to switch between them.
I do already have a pair of JBL 580 connected to the Rag, is there a button on the Rad to switch between the tower and the powered speakers?

Jan 16, 2022 at 9:41 PM Post #1,646 of 1,985
I have all my dacs connect to the Rag, it would be easier for me if I wanted to switch between them.
I do already have a pair of JBL 580 connected to the Rag, is there a button on the Rad to switch between the tower and the powered speakers?
Sort of.

For better or worse, the preamp output is tied to the headphone output, and I believe it's muted when when you plug in headphones.

There are three modes - headphone output, speaker output, and both. In order to use the preamp out, you have to select either the headphone out or both at once. Make sense?

Jan 24, 2022 at 10:34 AM Post #1,647 of 1,985
Last night, my Raggy 2 started blinking when I was running it through speaker+preamp mode and quickly turned down the volume. Thinking it was a current issue, I thought nothing of it. This morning, turning it on again, it's still blinking. I've disconnected everything but the power and a phono preamp ground.

Any ideas?

Jan 24, 2022 at 4:40 PM Post #1,648 of 1,985
Last night, my Raggy 2 started blinking when I was running it through speaker+preamp mode and quickly turned down the volume. Thinking it was a current issue, I thought nothing of it. This morning, turning it on again, it's still blinking. I've disconnected everything but the power and a phono preamp ground.

Any ideas?
I would unplug it for a while then plug it back in and power up and see if it continues. If so, you may want to contact Schiit.

Jan 24, 2022 at 5:36 PM Post #1,649 of 1,985
I would unplug it for a while then plug it back in and power up and see if it continues. If so, you may want to contact Schiit.
Yeah, FedEx is coming for it tomorrow. Ughh this is gonna be expensive, lol.

Jan 31, 2022 at 10:16 PM Post #1,650 of 1,985
Hey All,

Has anyone successfully connected a Rel subwoofer to the Rag 2 using the high level inputs?

I am getting constant hum from my sub when I switch over to headphones and disengage the speaker amp.

I have the “just an amp” version and I do not have a grounding lug. It has been suggested to me to connect the black wire from the Rel sub to that post but since I don’t have it that’s not possible.

Since I don’t have this grounding lug is there any other options you guys can think of?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back