Schiit Owners Unite
Oct 6, 2019 at 9:13 PM Post #13,021 of 13,350
I have a Ragnarok 1, Lyr 2, Jot and my pride and joy Yggdrasil.

I'm a very happy Schiit customer.:ksc75smile:

Dec 23, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #13,023 of 13,350
Also a very happy Schiit owner. I recently found a rack solution for my Schiit stack, and if its ok thought i would post it here. The rack was designed by lasakro over at thingiverse. For those who have or can find a 3d printer it is available here https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3207569 there are multiple files for 2,3,and 4 high stacks with different spacing between for ventilation needs. Any way i find it to be a very clean simple solution to stack my Schiit
20191222_143152.jpg

Dec 23, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #13,024 of 13,350
Also a very happy Schiit owner. I recently found a rack solution for my Schiit stack, and if its ok thought i would post it here. The rack was designed by lasakro over at thingiverse. For those who have or can find a 3d printer it is available here https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3207569 there are multiple files for 2,3,and 4 high stacks with different spacing between for ventilation needs. Any way i find it to be a very clean simple solution to stack my Schiit
unplug headphones for speakers

lol

Dec 25, 2019 at 8:52 PM Post #13,026 of 13,350
I’ve got an original Magni Modi stack powering some Beyerdynamic T90’s. Lately I’ve been thinking about perhaps picking up a pair of the Sennheiser HD 660S. Lots say that the Sennheiser cans do well with tubes... Any thoughts here?

Dec 26, 2019 at 8:45 AM Post #13,027 of 13,350
I’ve got an original Magni Modi stack powering some Beyerdynamic T90’s. Lately I’ve been thinking about perhaps picking up a pair of the Sennheiser HD 660S. Lots say that the Sennheiser cans do well with tubes... Any thoughts here?

It's a huge upgrade and a stellar pair of headphones. I'd recommend 660S for solid state 600 for tubes though.

Dec 26, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #13,028 of 13,350
It's a huge upgrade and a stellar pair of headphones. I'd recommend 660S for solid state 600 for tubes though.
Searching around, I saw this sentiment elsewhere as well. Is it due to the 660S lower output impedence? I can't seem to find the website that used to have headphone signal responses graphed, but I'd love to see a comparison between HD 600, 660 S, and even 650. I think it was "headroom graphs," but their site seems to have changed.

Dec 27, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #13,029 of 13,350
Those are elves on yer stack. Damn... :ksc75smile:

Apr 3, 2020 at 9:14 AM Post #13,031 of 13,350
Hi all,

I originally posted this in "Schiit Happened" thread but that thread seems to have reached its size limits for this site... Maybe this is better place to post anyway...

So, I have a hum coming from Vidar that I just received few days ago. I'm working with customer support to find out what to do. Meanwhile I'd like to get some thoughts from other Schiit owners.

The hum is coming from Vidar itself with nothing connected to it. I also hear the hum from my speakers when connected (just speakers and amp connected), and the hum is much more prevalent in right speaker. Interestingly on the amp itself, I perceive the hum coming from right side of chassis which correlates with the hum being louder in right speaker.

I tried using a ground lift adapter just to test (as suggested), and that does lower hum from speakers a little bit, but this seems like a band-aid as there shouldnt be any ground loop issue since no other components are connected.

The hum aside, I also have a Saga+ and when connected I get a popping/thump sound from speakers when switching inputs/mode/mute on the Saga. Also get a nice little "pop" in speakers when I turn the Vidar off, even with just speaker connected to Vidar (no Saga connected). I realize the Saga does make a mechanical noise when switching input/mode/mute, but is it normal for that noise to translate into the speakers?

Apr 3, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #13,034 of 13,350
Hey all. Wanted to drop into this thread and start following along as I've had a very good first-time Schiit experience. I'm only just getting back into audio stuff, as current circumstances had me rediscovering my nice headphones (LCD-X and HD660S) and hanging out at my desk at home enjoying great music. I'd picked up a Chord Mojo a few years back along with the Audeze cans and it certainly can get the job done, but I wanted something meant for the desktop and that didn't need regular recharging. I also suspected I could do with more power than the Mojo puts out. So, I started researching and came across various next-step ideas, including of course Schiit.

I actually initially decided on a Monoprice 887 and a Modi, since it gets rave reviews and seemed a step up in "seriousness" over the Magni. But the shipping company was messing up delivery and while I semi-panicked while they said the package might have been lost, I ordered a Magni 3+ thinking it may actually be all I need.

The 887 DID eventually arrive, and it certainly made a big difference on both my cans, especially the Sennheisers, which suddenly came to life in a way I'd never heard them. But what I didn't expect was that in a bunch of careful side-by-side listening comparison feeding the same tracks via the Modi into the 887 and then the Magni, that I preferred the sound on the Magni. Significantly. It wasn't terribly subtle, either.

While the THX unit had bigger, fatter bass, the Magni was giving me a notably better sense of crispness, definition, position, and "snap." After searching around a bit more and seeing a few dissenters here and there point out that these THX AAA amps seem to compress dynamics, I realized that was almost certainly what I was noticing. Transients on the Magni had real snap and presence, whereas the same sound rounded off or subdued on the 887. This ends up affecting all those other qualities, like positioning, crispness, liveliness, etc.

So much for the much-lauded "more serious" $400 THX amp versus the humble $99 piece of Schiit. I sent the 887 back to Monoprice for a refund yesterday.

Meantime, given the one thing I did prefer on the 887 was the fuller bass, I've ordered an Asgard 3, since a Schiit rep suggested it may fill out the bass while keeping the "Schiit sound" I'm liking in the Magni. The Asgard should arrive tomorrow; I'm excited to compare. (Oh, and in the middle of all this geeking out I also ordered a Heresy just to compare with the Magni 3+ ... it's so affordable, why not, right?)

Anyway, suffice to say, so far I'm impressed with this Schiit.

Apr 3, 2020 at 2:46 PM Post #13,035 of 13,350
New Schiit owner since this week.

Got my Loki 3 days ago.
Mjolnir 2 and Gungnir Multibit will follow later this year.

Maybe this will be my personal endgame for a very long time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back