Schiit Owners Unite
Sep 2, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #10,636 of 13,350
I just got a reply from Schiit about any shipping fees,
They said that the fees only apply for out of country orders,

So as long as your in the USA, no fee, I guess

Yes, sure, no fees for you. We were talking about import duty and customs plus some FedEx surcharge, when you order your Schiit outside US. 

Sep 2, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #10,637 of 13,350
I just got a reply from Schiit about any shipping fees,
They said that the fees only apply for out of country orders,

So as long as your in the USA, no fee, I guess

yeah I don't live in North America, nor America Continent for that matter haha.

Yes, sure, no fees for you. We were talking about import duty and customs plus some FedEx surcharge, when you order your Schiit outside US. 

I lived in 3 countries so far. On one country FedEx was ~$6-$10. On another it was ~$15-$18. This crazy-ass local FedEx arm asked me for $59 late last year for the Magni 2 Uber I ordered.

That's not all, according to proper calculation I should've paid 40% of $185 (CIF) - $50 country's no-tax limit. So I should've just pay 40% of $135. However on my bill I paid 40% of the entire $185!

That is So Wrong, and I feel somebody somewhere take an extra $20 (40% of the $50 I shouldn't paid) out of me.

Sep 2, 2015 at 5:10 PM Post #10,638 of 13,350
I ordered a harddrive from bestbuy that is manufacturered out of country I guess,
I think that was the $30-$40 fee I had to pay when signing for it (I think that was UPS)
yeah I don't live in North America, nor America Continent for that matter haha.

I lived in 3 countries so far. On one country FedEx was ~$6-$10. On another it was ~$15-$18. This crazy-ass local FedEx arm asked me for $59 late last year for the Magni 2 Uber I ordered.

That's not all, according to proper calculation I should've paid 40% of $185 (CIF) - $50 country's no-tax limit. So I should've just pay 40% of $135. However on my bill I paid 40% of the entire $185!

That is So Wrong, and I feel somebody somewhere take an extra $20 (40% of the $50 I shouldn't paid) out of me.

Sep 2, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #10,639 of 13,350
If you're out of the USA, FedEX and UPS do charge their own fees on top of your country duties. US Postal Service usually does not. 

Sep 2, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #10,640 of 13,350
would 2ft rca cable be too long for a
modi to valhalla to use as a dac then use the regular 6in rca Schiit cable to from my valhalla2 to my magni as a pass through?
(Modi > valhalla2 > magni)
I have to get higher ohm IEMs, I don't want to ruin my 15ohm (I think) klipsch 3G

Sep 2, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #10,641 of 13,350
modi to valhalla to use as a dac then use the regular 6in rca Schiit cable to from my valhalla2 to my magni as a pass through?
I have to get higher ohm IEMs, I don't want to ruin my 15ohm (I think) klipsch 3G

I wouldn't expect it to make any difference.  2 ft. is not really very long. 

Sep 2, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #10,643 of 13,350
Ok, how about 3ft? I just measured the cables , it's just 2 cables together the red and white

That's less than a meter, not long at all. No worries. 

Sep 2, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #10,645 of 13,350

Having Valhalla to run IEM is a strange idea. It's like using an excavator to move a single grain of sand.

Sep 2, 2015 at 11:26 PM Post #10,646 of 13,350

I wouldn't run through the valhalla2 then into the Magni.  The preouts are not just a strait pass through as they are volume controlled by the Valhalla2.  So to use the Magni you would need to turn the volume all the way up on the Valhalla2 so they are a line out into the Magni.  Then remember to NEVER just plug the iems into the Valhalla without turning the volume back down or bye bye iems.  Also, the Valhalla2 is a class A tube amp so it runs hot and I wouldn't put the Magni on top of it which is about as far as you are going to get with the 6 in cables.  Easiest would be to just use an rca splitter off the back of the dac with one ran into the Valhalla2 and one into the Magni (this is what I have with a Magni2 and Lyr2 and have no issues). Otherwise you could use a SYS in reverse where you plug the dac into the output on the SYS and each amp into one of the inputs and with the volume all the way up it acts as an A/B switch this way.

Sep 3, 2015 at 12:13 AM Post #10,648 of 13,350
Ok, so between the magni, modi and valhalla2 and 6in rca cables and 3ft cables, how would I best setup everything?
I talked to Nick T at Schiit and said that the Magni would work to use the Valhalla2 as a pass through, and it should show the tube sound.
I really want to use the valhalla2,
I'm wanting to use the magni because of how powerful the valhalla is and I have I think a 15-20ohm IEM right now.
Thank you and don't mean a long reply haha
I wouldn't run through the valhalla2 then into the Magni.  The preouts are not just a strait pass through as they are volume controlled by the Valhalla2.  So to use the Magni you would need to turn the volume all the way up on the Valhalla2 so they are a line out into the Magni.  Then remember to NEVER just plug the iems into the Valhalla without turning the volume back down or bye bye iems.  Also, the Valhalla2 is a class A tube amp so it runs hot and I wouldn't put the Magni on top of it which is about as far as you are going to get with the 6 in cables.  Easiest would be to just use an rca splitter off the back of the dac with one ran into the Valhalla2 and one into the Magni (this is what I have with a Magni2 and Lyr2 and have no issues). Otherwise you could use a SYS in reverse where you plug the dac into the output on the SYS and each amp into one of the inputs and with the volume all the way up it acts as an A/B switch this way.

Sep 3, 2015 at 12:23 AM Post #10,649 of 13,350
It technically will work. You just have to be careful and remember to turn the volume down if you want to plug anything into the valhalla2. Any preamp will work as a pass-through or line out with the volume all the way up it is generally best to only use one volume control in a chain so you aren't messing with the signal to much. The main thing is since the valhalla2 is so powerful you have to remember the volume control on it before you do anything else like plugging in other headphones.

As far as the cables I would see if you can get the 6 in to reach from the modi to the valhalla2 with them sitting side by side then use the 3ft cable to go to the magni as the preouts are further in than the inputs on the valhalla2 and the magni can sit on top of the modi beside the valhalla2 and not have heat issues.

Sep 3, 2015 at 12:46 AM Post #10,650 of 13,350
Thank you, I ultimatly want to just get a RCA cord like "--<" that and just connect my iPod avs not use my Schiit dac, but I don't have that cable right now
It technically will work. You just have to be careful and remember to turn the volume down if you want to plug anything into the valhalla2. Any preamp will work as a pass-through or line out with the volume all the way up it is generally best to only use one volume control in a chain so you aren't messing with the signal to much. The main thing is since the valhalla2 is so powerful you have to remember the volume control on it before you do anything else like plugging in other headphones.

As far as the cables I would see if you can get the 6 in to reach from the modi to the valhalla2 with them sitting side by side then use the 3ft cable to go to the magni as the preouts are further in than the inputs on the valhalla2 and the magni can sit on top of the modi beside the valhalla2 and not have heat issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back