Schiit Owners Unite
Aug 9, 2014 at 9:01 AM Post #6,454 of 13,350
  Yikes, aside from the import duty, is that 25% on anything purchased domestically?

Yeah, so you can expect everything in Sweden to be at least 25% more expensive than in the US.
Taken from Wikipedia: The value added tax (mervärdesskatt or moms) rate in Sweden is 25%, with exceptions for food and services like hotel room rental fees (12%), and for sales of publicationsadmission tickets to cultural events and travel within Sweden (6%)

Aug 9, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #6,456 of 13,350
Yeah, so you can expect everything in Sweden to be at least 25% more expensive than in the US.

That’s true, no doubt about it. On the other hand: Did you ever compare the average income in Sweden and the USA?

In the last three years I purchased three Bifrost DACs, four headphone amplifiers and a few tube replacement sets directly from Schiit via their company website. Luckily there’s no distributor for Austria. Even when adding the shipment costs, custom fees and import VAT (20 percent in my country) I’m convinced that for this price no other manufacturer offers gear matching the Schiit stuff in performance, build quality and overall design.

Werner.

Aug 9, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #6,458 of 13,350
  Pst... so in response to the earlier LCD2 Schiit pairings mentioned (before all the weird wyrd schiit)...

I heartily recommend and invite you gents to step to the LCD2.2 on Mjolnir + Gungnir
o2smile.gif

I mean... Uberfrost with USB is pretty much darn close to the price of a Gungnir no? Same goes for Lyr with a few sets of tubes?
biggrin.gif

Just throwing a thought out there
popcorn.gif

Yes, I had Lyr an Uberfrost plus LCD2.2!!  It's Spectaular Combo!  I don't know about the other setup but I'm sure it's also Amazing result!!
Lyr has one thing I don't like is "Tube".  It's like love/hate relationship.  Tube doesn't last forever, that particular point i don't like but I love it "Tube" sound.
anyways, hope this help.

Aug 9, 2014 at 10:11 PM Post #6,459 of 13,350
  Yes, I had Lyr an Uberfrost plus LCD2.2!!  It's Spectaular Combo!  I don't know about the other setup but I'm sure it's also Amazing result!!
Lyr has one thing I don't like is "Tube".  It's like love/hate relationship.  Tube doesn't last forever, that particular point i don't like but I love it "Tube" sound.
anyways, hope this help.

Tubes and women and good times and life don't last forever.  Carpe diem!

Aug 10, 2014 at 12:07 AM Post #6,460 of 13,350
oh man.. what i dissapointment.. :frowning2: i received my package today for a uberfrost.. and what i see.... a LYR!... i live in Venezuela i got it from amazon sold it by schiit. i talked to them and they will refund me once i send the amp.. but the thing is that as a live in Venezuela the shippement will take forever :frowning2:.... 

Aug 10, 2014 at 3:04 AM Post #6,464 of 13,350
If it is of any consolation, it's 30% in India. Kinda kills one's interest in the hobby.

Very much the same thing here in Malaysia. But its made worse when the tax rate changes according to the definition of "amplifier" as determined by the customs peeps. I once had the Lyr taxed at a full 30%, then my Magni + uberfrost taxed only at 16%. Then again, maybe coz i said its for computer use yadda yadda..maybe they couldn't understand what I was describing LOL!

Aug 10, 2014 at 6:33 AM Post #6,465 of 13,350
I hope this the Schiit fan section, I'm a believer.

To get back to the Wyrd, I think it has 2 applications: 
- The first one is to solve any USB audio issues if you happen to suffer from them. 
- The second one is to power DACs that do not have a decent power supply themselves.

Audio equipment really does need a good power supply. You first have to line up those electrons before you can effortlessly modulate them to the music. The AudioQuest DragonFly for example to my opinion is a DAC with potential, but it feeds from whatever the PC can spare. Unless you connect it through a Wyrd of course.

Recently I paired the Wyrd and the DragonFly and I believe I heard the following improvements: Cleaner sound with more separation in the finer details. Increased fluidity and a wider sound stage. More definition and punch in the low frequencies.

BTW about the taxing when ordered from the USA. In The Netherlands you even have to pay VAT over the US shipping costs. And also over the US VAT come to think of it. schiit-europe.com does not sell the Valhalla 2 nor the Wyrd, so there is not much choice other then to pay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back