Schiit Owners Unite
Dec 8, 2020 at 8:49 PM Post #13,216 of 13,350
To my ears, with my equipment, (Bifrost2 DAC, HD6XX headphones and a reissue Tung-Sol 6SN7GTB tube in the Lyr3) the Lyr3 comes across as having a wider (and deeper) soundstage as well as being more engaging and dynamic.
Have both and agree completely, though I’m using a different tube, an NOS Baldwin/Sylvania

Feb 1, 2021 at 4:21 PM Post #13,221 of 13,350
I'm waiting patiently on my return for what in hindsight feels like a real dumb reason. I'm giving local outfits a great deal of leeway given the problems faced due to covid, government restrictions, etc. I look at how they conduct themselves in the market and feel like the savings built into each sale buys them some trust. I get other people feel differently. My 2 c.

Feb 1, 2021 at 4:25 PM Post #13,222 of 13,350
I'm waiting patiently on my return for what in hindsight feels like a real dumb reason. I'm giving local outfits a great deal of leeway given the problems faced due to covid, government restrictions, etc. I look at how they conduct themselves in the market and feel like the savings built into each sale buys them some trust. I get other people feel differently. My 2 c.
How long have you been waiting? I'm not that upset and I'm a business owner myself with my own covid stresses so I get it. I just wanted an aknowledgment they are processing, or a response to email. I'll probably just try to get a refund and purchase some day when things are going better.

Feb 1, 2021 at 4:30 PM Post #13,223 of 13,350
Feb 1, 2021 at 4:30 PM Post #13,224 of 13,350
I returned one a month ago, for two small reasons, but now i'm back in the queue. it was supposed to ship today but it's delayed two weeks. i suprised they didn't get back to you, but they're in the middle of a major reorganization, so don't be afraid to follow-up with a nice reminder. They should be able to get back to you within a week at the most imo. Their main repair guy is in sick so Jason is fixing amps and another guy is fixing dacs. If you read the story Jason writes it's in the snafu chapter.

Feb 3, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #13,225 of 13,350
How long have you been waiting? I'm not that upset and I'm a business owner myself with my own covid stresses so I get it. I just wanted an acknowledgment they are processing, or a response to email. I'll probably just try to get a refund and purchase some day when things are going better.

They are backordered quite heavily regarding new BF2 orders which means there are most likely parts shortages. Your BF2 probably needs replacement parts that are currently backordered just like new orders. Email them and ask for status. Unless schiit has really hit the fan, they should give you an update pretty quickly.

Feb 3, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #13,227 of 13,350
They are backordered quite heavily regarding new BF2 orders which means there are most likely parts shortages. Your BF2 probably needs replacement parts that are currently backordered just like new orders. Email them and ask for status. Unless schiit has really hit the fan, they should give you an update pretty quickly.
Yeah. They are probably swamped with orders. Looking at the individual pages, you can see that the following products are backordered -
  • Freya+
  • Loki
  • Lyr 3
  • Magni Heresy
  • Magnius
  • Modius
  • Ragnarok 2
  • Sol
  • Vali 2+
  • Yggdrasil
The Bifrost 2 is not backordered per se, but new units will be shipped within 7-10 working days. That's better news than a lot of their other stuff - the Yggdrasil, for example, is backordered until mid-March; the Sol, end of April.

Business is brisk for the folks at Schiit. :)

Jan 5, 2023 at 11:41 AM Post #13,228 of 13,350
Yeah. They are probably swamped with orders. Looking at the individual pages, you can see that the following products are backordered -
  • Freya+
  • Loki
  • Lyr 3
  • Magni Heresy
  • Magnius
  • Modius
  • Ragnarok 2
  • Sol
  • Vali 2+
  • Yggdrasil
The Bifrost 2 is not backordered per se, but new units will be shipped within 7-10 working days. That's better news than a lot of their other stuff - the Yggdrasil, for example, is backordered until mid-March; the Sol, end of April.
They seem to have recovered well since these last few posts with new products and short wait times on updates.

Celebrating my 7th Anniversary of getting my Ragnarok 1 and Gungnir MB - and no plans to change, although I will update the Gumby from Gen5 this Spring.

Jan 5, 2023 at 1:54 PM Post #13,229 of 13,350
I have had a (silver) Lokius in my main hi-fi system for almost a year. No problems, and it is the secret sauce that completed my setup. But now...wouldn't you know?...I have a head-fi jones! Like the rest of you. So yesterday I ordered a Bifrost 2, Jotunheim and another Lokius, all in black this time. They messaged me to pick it all up it the Schiitr store this afternoon. Hoping it is smooth sailing here on out.

Jan 6, 2023 at 12:13 AM Post #13,230 of 13,350
At the Schiitr. A cool hang, no question. My order was due in at 2PM. I got there a little early and did some listening in the HeadFi room, and in the hifi room. Here Ape and a customer are enjoying.
20230105_134735_HDR~2.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back