Schiit Owners Unite
Mar 10, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #9,151 of 13,350
And if the conversation isn't about some inanity, it's about the double-blind "every component sounds the same" stuff.

True that particular argument grows old fast. Once Schiit Audio adds more gear, the thread will become more focused again..

Mar 10, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #9,152 of 13,350
True that particular argument grows old fast. Once Schiit Audio adds more gear, the thread will become more focused again..

New gear will certainly change the chatter.  

With a company name such as Schiit, puns are to be expected.  Sure they can get over the top some times.  Not everyone gets on the bus at the same time so to speak, from the pun perspective.

I don't just like my Schiit, I love it.

This thread keeps me connected to fellow Schiitheads.

Mar 10, 2015 at 12:20 PM Post #9,153 of 13,350
New gear will certainly change the chatter.  

With a company name such as Schiit, puns are to be expected.  Sure they can get over the top some times.  Not everyone gets on the bus at the same time so to speak, from the pun perspective.

I don't just like my Schiit, I love it.

This thread keeps me connected to fellow Schiitheads.

Well said. I love my Schiit and this thread. And if the thread gets off target, so what, the puns are fun. When I did medieval fairs, I use the pun " Huns for nuns or nuns for Huns" and it was great fun till a flock of actual nuns heard it lol. I know I going to help lol.

Mar 10, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #9,154 of 13,350
Well said. I love my Schiit and this thread. And if the thread gets off target, so what, the puns are fun. When I did medieval fairs, I use the pun " Huns for nuns or nuns for Huns" and it was great fun till a flock of actual nuns heard it lol. I know I going to help lol.

Huns for Schiit. Not a good pun, oh well.

Mar 10, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #9,156 of 13,350
  Now, how about that rumor about a Vali 2 that Thurston was spreading?

Can somebody check with Knick to see if the Vali 2 going to have an Uber model too...

Mar 10, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #9,157 of 13,350

Can somebody check with Knick to see if the Vali 2 going to have an Uber model too...

Didn't Jason say that there wasn't going to be any upgrades this year? Hence, Thurston spreading rumors that he's going to hang on Rangy.

Mar 10, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #9,158 of 13,350
  Didn't Jason say that there wasn't going to be any upgrades this year? Hence, Thurston spreading rumors that he's going to hang on Rangy.

I know StanD, I was kidding...  Just trying to plow up a little Schiit...

Mar 10, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #9,159 of 13,350
Wanted a little advice for the future, in case anyone would happen to know. For the moment, I am getting rid of my Magni 2 Uber and Modi 2 to help fund an electrostatic system. If I make enough after that to get the JVC HA-SZ2000, I would also be tempted to get another normal amp again, since owners of that headphone say its bass, etc. improves with amplification. Would you all say that the Magni 2 Uber is the best value for its price? What reasonably priced alternative desktop amps (aside from the JDS Labs Objective2) are there?

Mar 10, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #9,161 of 13,350
  I'd love to see some kind of bluetooth Schiit gear to use in a more portable system.  Load the Schiit out of it and bring it on.

I don't know about bluetooth, maybe WiFi or Airplay. Bluetooth compresses like crazy. 

Mar 10, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #9,162 of 13,350

I don't know about bluetooth, maybe WiFi or Airplay. Bluetooth compresses like crazy. 

That depends on the Bluetooth codec. Bluetooth EDR will even vary how the SBC codec works, Then there's Apt-x. We've gone well past the old Bluetooth 2.0 non EDR SBC codec.

Mar 10, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #9,163 of 13,350
I just got my MODI from fedex and paired it with the VALI that I got a few months ago using USB to drive it from my IMAC through my ATH-M50's and WOW! I'm loving the sound!!! My first steps into the audiophile world are amazing! But how do you all afford it???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back