1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Owners Unite

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by hodgjy, Mar 15, 2012.
First

Back
214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223
225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234
Next

Last
  1. gefski

What was the result of the Dacit vs Bifrost?

If there was a result, how would you describe the personality of each?

2. jaywillin
    i went bifrost, it was very close, the dactIT had maybe a tad silkier top end, but other than that, the bifrost seemed better
    from top to bottom, the treble, while not as liquid, or silky , was just as extended, not harsh at all, better bottom end
    bigger sound stage, this was before the uber upgrade yesterday, i wouldn't have thought a $70 ad on analog board would improve the sound so much, the sound is more fleshed out
    i'm a very happy camper ! lol

3. Tman5293
    So this showed up on my front porch today:

[​IMG]

4. jexby
    It also looks like some socket savers must have also arrived or been installed shortly after unboxing?
    thems lookin like tall tubes.
    :wink:

5. Tman5293

They were included with the amp. I bought it used. It also came with 3 sets of NOS tubes.

6. MattTCG
    Nice setup man!! Looks like maybe some Orange Globes. Also, I'm a little jelly of your TT. [​IMG] One day...one day. 

7. ngyu
    Just wondering with regards to the Schiit Lyr preamp outs: do they output signal if I have my headphones plugged in? Or do they automatically shut off the preamp outs when headphones are plugged in?

8. MattTCG
    Works like a mute switch if hp's are plugged in. 

9. ngyu

Thanks. And I guess the signal goes through the tubes so there's no signal if the Lyr is off right?

10. MattTCG
    You are correct. 

11. jaywillin
    i guess i have the older version, mine does not mute the pre-outs when the headphones are in use

12. MattTCG
    You must be right. Mine definitely mutes with hp's plugged in. 

13. ngyu

weird, just got an email from Jason earlier today saying the Lyr's preamp outs do not mute, only the Asgard 2 does. 

14. balancebox
    so which places is best to by lyr.... really want one T_T

15. ngyu

straight from Schiit? or used on the head-fi marketplace?

First

Back
214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223
225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234
Next

Last