Schiit Owners Unite
Jul 13, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #2,821 of 13,350
Quote:
Quote:
It's like when lumber jacks put the logs in the water and 2 of them get ontop and try to make the other fall off, but it's done with tubes.

Ahhh! HAha! just kidding...

It's just trying out new tubes in your gear, different tubes, older tubes etc...

A stupid term if you ask me.

It does seem a little strange, until you start tube rolling yourself. You learn to appreciate that roll you've gotta do.

Maybe due to the bank -roll- it takes before done with the tube rolling? I have read of guys getting into a couple thousand or more with serious tube rolling...

Jul 13, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #2,823 of 13,350
Quote:
Quote:
I received this month's Stereophile today, and there's an review of the Bifrost!

Yep, we were sworn to secrecy. We still can't quote it, but the measurements should put to rest some of this "Schiit's a bunch of knuckle-draggers working in a garage with no test equipment making stuff that can't possibly measure well" nonsense.

My Mjo/Gun measure up quite nicely with LCD3... Many hours spent in audio bliss. Really curious to start seeing reviews of the statement gear. Besides some of the most innovative ground breaking items were developed in someone's garage...

Jul 14, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #2,828 of 13,350
Quote:
You have the magazine; see the front cover...

Uh, okay...thanks for pointing that out? 
confused.gif

Jul 15, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #2,829 of 13,350
Well, I have had my M&M stack for a little under week and been listening to it some. Mostly FLAC though a PC and gotta say, what a wonderful set-up. Just delightful sound. I have been busy these last few days so haven't had a lot of time to devote to solid listening, but so far, I am in sonic heaven.
Will have to post some more critical observations once I get some down time and have time to run through my catalog.

Jul 15, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #2,831 of 13,350
I have the Vahalla and it works fine with Denon D-2000. It works even better with Beyerdynamics DT-990 600 ohm. Wow it has buttery smooth treble. I also have the Asgard2. I have tried both headphones with it and it has a bit more bass but I like tube sound better. It is a matter of preference. 

Jul 16, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #2,833 of 13,350
Jul 16, 2013 at 8:42 AM Post #2,835 of 13,350
I decided to listen to my AKG K702 65th Anniv. through my Valhalla a bit more before I sold the amp and I am liking the sound! Maybe the K702 are finally broken in all the way?  I wasn't too keen on the sound when I first tried the combo a while back but something has changed....Maybe both pieces are broken in? Haven't been listening to the Valhalla much at all since I sold the Beyerdynamic DT990 600ohm

Anyone else have this combo at home that they can try? I even listened to the Musical Fidelity X-Can v2 last night on the same material to make sure I wasn't crazy and I stand by what I hear, the X-Can is a known good match for the AKG and I may prefer the Schiit to it!  Maybe NOT selling the Valhalla?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back