Schiit Owners Unite
Jun 30, 2013 at 5:20 AM Post #2,716 of 13,350
Perhaps one day Schiit will release a circlotron OTL balanced tube SET that can pump good current into low impedance...I mean that was the design goal of such a design right?

This amp could sit along side the Mjolner as the Valahalla sat along side the Asgard.

I've looked long and hard and this circuit does not exist for headphones...

Whadaya say Jason?  We just need to educate the masses to the benefits of SET OTL.

Maybe I could buy two Valhallas...would the output impedance be low enough?

Jun 30, 2013 at 5:39 AM Post #2,717 of 13,350
I know!

Jason, what you could do is release this balanced circlotron to drive low impeadance high current phones, and high impedance cans...and get this...use it as an optional pre-amp into the End Game amp - and there is your hybridised End Game amp.

This means the End Game can be hybridised optionally on the same platform, reducing development costs of a separate Hybrid Flagship.

Jason, are you listening!?!?!?

Jun 30, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #2,718 of 13,350
Quote:
Jason, are you listening!?!?!?

I'm not sure why this is rubbing me the wrong way and I'm not trying to call you out SP, but I would not want to respond to a post that ends this way...

Jun 30, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #2,720 of 13,350
Quote:
Yeah but your steering wheel doesn't heat up like the engine. LOL
very_evil_smiley.gif

I have no problems with the heat from Schiit stuff, but I wish they would find a way to isolate the volume knob to decrease the sensation of burning to the fingers.

So you hold on to the volume knob the whole time you listen? 
beyersmile.png

Jun 30, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #2,724 of 13,350
Edit: Oops, didn't see there was another page. Obviously I was responding to Pelli, and imackler already said what I say below!

^ I read SP's post as having a kidding tone with a serious idea behind it.

I got humor in it anyway, FWIW.

Jul 1, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #2,725 of 13,350
Quote:

From reading his two posts, he just seemed enthusiastic about his ideas. Not actually demanding... Just my 2 cents.

Your probably right.  I must have been in a foul mood this morning and looking through that lens.  At the time I felt defensive for Jason as I bet he gets a TON of "advice" on what to do with his products.  No harm meant.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

Jul 1, 2013 at 8:24 AM Post #2,728 of 13,350
Quote from FAQ:
Wait, you mean my headphones might blow up?
Dood, 6 watts is more than enough to let the magic smoke out of most headphones. Lyr packs a serious punch, and we expect that you’re grown-up enough to use it with respect. Lyr has a 20-second slow-start and fast-acting turnoff output muting relay, but we still recommend caution, especially if you’re tube-rolling. We will not be responsible for headphones damaged by Lyr.

I think he meant this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back