Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions
Aug 1, 2021 at 6:11 AM Post #5,461 of 6,930
I always exclude government and pseudo-government agencies from my declarations about the greatness of my state. It's the everyday people that make it great - not those ass-clowns. 😏
Amen brother!

Aug 1, 2021 at 6:14 AM Post #5,462 of 6,930
Well, there's still Lyr 3 and Vali 2. I presume the upcoming Folkvangr will be all tube since it'll be sporting 10 of them, but I personally have no problem with that (and already stashed some nice Fotons in anticipation). :smile:
I can only imagine the heat coming off that thing (Folkvangr). . .my room gets hot enough with just 4 tubes in my Pendant. :sweat: I would love to hear it though, as I saw a video where Jason said it was the best sounding amp he has made yet. A very cool thing I heard about the Folkvangr is the 10 6N6P's don't have to be matched, which makes finding those Foton's much easier.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2021 at 9:17 AM Post #5,464 of 6,930
I can only imagine the heat coming off that thing (Folkvangr). . .my room gets hot enough with just 4 tubes in my Pendant. :sweat: I would love to hear it though, as I saw a video where Jason said it was the best sounding amp he has made yet. A very cool thing I heard about the Folkvangr is the 10 6N6P's don't have to be matched, which makes finding those Foton's much easier.
Wes?!? Are you OK? Are you suggesting that awesome audio isn't worth sweating for? I'm concerned about you, man. :sweat_smile:

Aug 1, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #5,466 of 6,930
Lol you can save on your heating bill in winter with ten tubes 😂

Yes that's right about the tubes though it's "only" 8 tubes that can be unmatched:

IMG_0899 (1).jpeg

[IMG]

Aug 1, 2021 at 3:14 PM Post #5,468 of 6,930
I know, hence the word 'if'. Jason has had a change of heart before, so one can never really close the door on anything except a Streamer, DAP, HDMI, DSD, MQA, and transducers. I could envision a Lyr 3 type single tube amp hybrid with Nexus featuring balanced and SE in and out. Not inherently balanced but providing balanced out/in for those that need/want it. I do not see an evolution of the MJ2 amp but I still believe we could see a balanced tube hybrid. That is unless the Folkvangr is balanced, which I don't think it is. If there's a balanced tube amp introduced then I do not see a hybrid alongside in the line-up.

**All pure speculation on my part, of course.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2021 at 3:19 PM Post #5,469 of 6,930
I thought Jason had suggested no MJ2 replacement because Jot 2 is close enough in terms of performance, it's far easier to source parts for, and simpler to build.

Happy to be corrected though 😁
Still, the Jot II is no substitute for the MJ-II, particularly when the latter is cap modded. And when Footscrays come into the picture, the Jot II has to plead nolo contendere !

Aug 1, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #5,470 of 6,930
Just happy @Wes S didn't come out with a new holy grail in a few days. Was waiting for the Heerlen 45 degree D comparison as I already own those. 😃
Nothing can hang with the Tungsram welded plates. That is all have been using lately and will be using in both amps for the foreseeable future, they are that good and nothing comes close.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #5,471 of 6,930
Hmmm. I wonder how much money I would save if @Wes S were to suffer an extended Internet outage. :thinking:

Aug 1, 2021 at 3:30 PM Post #5,473 of 6,930
Hmmm. I wonder how much money I would save if @Wes S were to suffer an extended Internet outage. :thinking:
LOL! Yeah. He needs to sell his MJ and get an amp that can use only Russian tubes. :sweat_smile:

Aug 1, 2021 at 3:31 PM Post #5,474 of 6,930
@TK16 - The Texas power grid is perfectly fine. Only an issue if it's too hot or too cold.

Besides. Any issues with the grid is all due to folks illegally crossing the border and charging their iPhones once they arrive. 😏

**This post does not necessarily reflect the thoughts and opinions of Head-fi or the original poster.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #5,475 of 6,930
I know, hence the word 'if'. Jason has had a change of heart before, so one can never really close the door on anything except a Streamer, DAP, HDMI, DSD, MQA, and transducers. I could envision a Lyr 3 type single tube amp hybrid with Nexus featuring balanced and SE in and out. Not inherently balanced but providing balanced out/in for those that need/want it. I do not see an evolution of the MJ2 amp but I still believe we could see a balanced tube hybrid. That is unless the Folkvanger is balanced, which I do t think it is. If there's a balanced tube amp introduced then I do not see a hybrid alongside in the line-up.

**All pure speculation on my part, of course.
Yeah we will see. I was only going on what Jason had publicly said but they may surprise us. The Folkvangr will hopefully be balanced. I'm going to hold off upgrading from Feliks Echo (even though it's single ended only) for the time being to see how Folkvangr performs and sounds, and the synergy with ZMF VO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back