Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions
Sep 7, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #226 of 6,930
The MJ2 8 watts of balanced tube goodness, is what finally made me throttle my poor wallet.

Yeah looking forward to how the Ether plays with the Mjolnir 2.

Sep 7, 2015 at 2:41 PM Post #230 of 6,930
What about the LCD-X? Is the X + Mjolnir 2 Tubes a bad mix? Also just making sure, I can use the Mjolnir 2 with IEMs too right?

Sep 7, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #231 of 6,930
^^ Dan Clark says Ether/Mjo2 is good when tubes are employed. 

Sweet to hear, I plan to use my NOS Telefunken E88CC platinum tubes as well as my NOS Ediswan tubes. I will only use my LISST tubes for burning in headphones. I will burn in the amp for 100 hours, then start listening critically. I am interested in mow the the MJ2 drives the ETHER as well as the HE1K, in balanced XLR. I still need to get a custom Norne cable for the HE1K.

Sep 8, 2015 at 12:35 AM Post #232 of 6,930
Fedex and it's annoying stubbornness to stick to the estimated delivery date, Grrrr.
My MJ2 is stuck in a location ~50 miles from me for the last 3 days now. Torture :) .... Still one more day to wait.

Sep 8, 2015 at 12:44 AM Post #233 of 6,930
  Fedex and it's annoying stubbornness to stick to the estimated delivery date, Grrrr.
My MJ2 is stuck in a location ~50 miles from me for the last 3 days now. Torture :) .... Still one more day to wait.

FedEx always hold to their quoted delivery date even if the shipment gets to the local hub earlier. UPS however will sometimes deliver early if they happen to get the shipment to the local hub early and they are able to. 

Sep 8, 2015 at 1:27 AM Post #236 of 6,930
@Mediahound
 I see you've your A5 hooked up to MJ2. I plan on doing the same when I get mine.
Are you using the unbalanced preamp out for this ?
What is your impression on SQ ?

I am. It sounds surprisingly good.

I haven't tried hooking them up directly to the dac RCA outs yet but I could do that and then control the volume on the speaker volume knob, as another option.

Sep 8, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #237 of 6,930
I am. It sounds surprisingly good.

I haven't tried hooking them up directly to the dac RCA outs yet but I could do that and then control the volume on the speaker volume knob, as another option.

Cool thanks.
You already the "final" setup I would like to get to :) ... I'm still missing the Wyrd and GMB in my chain. I may bother you with questions on my way to getting there. 

Sep 8, 2015 at 3:55 AM Post #239 of 6,930
I'm very interested in the LCD-X, HD800 or HD650 impressions from the Mojo2 :).

Considering switching out my Liquid Carbon order for the Mjolnir 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back