Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions
Sep 5, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #196 of 6,930
Lol, I will say to date the M2 and ETHER is the best setup I have heard. Will likely be my end game setup.

JRiver>Wyrd>Modi2Uber>Mojilnir 2>ETHER

using pyst usb cables from PC to Wyrd and Wyrd to Modi and blue jeans rca cables from Modi2U to Mojilnir 2.

The only thing that may change will be adding a Gungnir MB. I'm not certain how much improvement I would notice going from Modi2U to Gungnir MB.

I would like to hear from anyone who has both feeding a M2 to determine if the diminishing returns is worthwhile. The stackability will be a big plus. The Wyrd/Modi stack is stacked upon the M2's front left corner, not exactly aesthetically pleasing.

Quite a bit of improved SQ by going to the GMB, IMO.  And, as detailed by MattTCG above.
My progression was UberBi - Gungnir - GMB.  Every step was an improvement.

Sep 5, 2015 at 8:20 PM Post #198 of 6,930
Arg I think I am a hopeless Audiophile addict, I just ordered a Mjolnir 2. After this order, I shall retire my cards to a bank deposit box. That is the last time I do shots of chartreuse and Irish whiskey. My uncle is a evil man lol. I have not been that ripped in years lol. I wil write up impressions once the amp arrives this Tuesday.:D

Looking forward to reading your impressions of the Mj2 compared to the Ragnarok.

I regret letting my Rok go. Loved its smoothness and amazing transparency. No doubt the Mj2 will be a compromise, it's just a question of how much of a downgrade it will be.

Having just bought a new car and saving up for a house cures the impulse buying urge, otherwise I'd have pulled the trigger on another Rok and the Gumby. Hoping to slum it with my NAD M51 and Mj2 for a bit.

Sep 5, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #199 of 6,930
I surprised not to see more impressions and comparisons here already. Yeah, I know it's early. But I must know...

*how does the mjo 2 compare to lyr 2?

*how does mjo 2 pair with the big hitter cans? Ether, Audeze, hd800 etc...

Very little fanfare surrounding the Mj2. Its reveal was drowned out by the praise over the Gumby and the hype over the Ether C. And people still cling to their negative impressions of mismatched Mjolnir rigs, overlooking the fact that the Mj2 is a different beast and early impressions that the LISST run Mj2 is still quite an improvement over the original.

I don't expect the Mj2 to match it with the megabuck EC, Cavalli amps, or even Schiit's own statement Ragnarok. I do expect it to be in the upper echelons of its price bracket though. There are very few balanced options at this price point if you want glowing glass on top of your stack.

Sep 5, 2015 at 8:57 PM Post #200 of 6,930
Arg I think I am a hopeless Audiophile addict, I just ordered a Mjolnir 2. After this order, I shall retire my cards to a bank deposit box. That is the last time I do shots of chartreuse and Irish whiskey. My uncle is a evil man lol. I have not been that ripped in years lol. I wil write up impressions once the amp arrives this Tuesday.
biggrin.gif

Great - looking forward to your comparison to the Lyr with those sweet '60 Ulm Tele's and the HE1000's.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

Sep 5, 2015 at 9:15 PM Post #201 of 6,930
Looking forward to reading your impressions of the Mj2 compared to the Ragnarok.

I regret letting my Rok go. Loved its smoothness and amazing transparency. No doubt the Mj2 will be a compromise, it's just a question of how much of a downgrade it will be.

Having just bought a new car and saving up for a house cures the impulse buying urge, otherwise I'd have pulled the trigger on another Rok and the Gumby. Hoping to slum it with my NAD M51 and Mj2 for a bit.

Sure I will compare the Ragnarock to the MJ2, with tubes and LISST. I will use NOS Telefunken E88CC platinum tubes.

Sep 5, 2015 at 10:29 PM Post #209 of 6,930

Users who are viewing this thread

Back