Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions
Sep 8, 2015 at 2:30 PM Post #241 of 6,930
I did that recently even before the announcement of the latest delay. I don't regret it.

Same here. I was on the Carbon list, but got off a month or so ago. I'm sure the carbon is great, but I've been waiting for this amp ever since Jason started talking about it a few years ago, although at the time it was supposed to be a pick-your-flavor Ragnarok. It's got everything I could want so Im happy as can be :)

Sep 8, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #242 of 6,930
My Mjolnir 2 has arrived, I am getting ready to unpack it.

Sep 8, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #244 of 6,930
Sep 8, 2015 at 4:45 PM Post #247 of 6,930
The MJ2 and Gumby sound great togeather. I am using my MJ2, with my NOS Telefunken E88CC platinum tubes to drive my HE1K and its so beautiful. The bass is so powerful, yet textured, and refined, without leaking or mudding up the mids. The mids have that tube like lushness and smoothness, yet the mids never loose there resolving textured detail,. The highs are spot on perfect, that never fatigues the listner. And whenever one combines the great bass, midds and high, the large soundstage become fantastically three-dimensional holographic that naturally portrays the music. I highly recommend this system to anyone, especially if you are on a budget. The HE1K seem to like 8 watts of balanced tube goodness.

Sep 8, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #248 of 6,930
She's a beaut!

Thanks the MJ2 has a elegant, neo spartan look to it, no fluff just functionality. I think the socket savers add to the simple elegance. Thanks to all who have suggested them in the past.

Sep 8, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #250 of 6,930
Sep 8, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #252 of 6,930
@reddog
, congrats to your new added audio system. Thanks for the early impression with HE1K. How is the MJ2 + GMB with ETHER?

Btw, do you have Wyrd to your audio chain?

I will hook the.ETHER'S up later tonight. And write up my impressions.

Sep 8, 2015 at 10:24 PM Post #255 of 6,930
The ETHER sounds fantastic going from Tidal >MacBook Pro>Gungnir MultibitMjolnir 2. I am uusinga Tidal playlist for MrSpeaker's ETHER. I am pleasantly surprised how great the MJ2, with NOS Telefunken E88CC platinum tubes makes the ETHER's sing. The NOS Telefunken E88CC platinum tubes add a tad more impactfull bass, as well as more resolving texture. The micro texture makes the bass ever so real/ natural. The mids are spectacular, they are so smooth and lush, yet the mids are textured and detailed, completely natural and transparent to the artist true intent. The highs are spot on perfect, the micro detail is not bright just ever revealing to the artist. Finally the impactfull, ever controlled bass, smooth and textured mids and great highs allows for a great soundstage, that is large and three-dimensionally holographic. The MJ2 and the GMB have a great synergy that make the ETHER sound ever so nice.
I plan to hook the MJ2 to the Yggy and see how that sounds later on. I have not used the LISST tubes yet.
One the low gain setting, I listen on the 9 a clock volume setting. If I use the maximum gain setting then I keep the volume at 7 to 8 a clock setting. I have listened at a louder setting but rarely
I have mutant hearing and need not abuse it to hear it well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back