1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by mhamel, Aug 19, 2015.
Tags:
First

Back
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Next

Last
  1. jjacq

Yeah looking forward to how the Ether plays with the Mjolnir 2.

2. MattTCG
    +1

3. LarsP
    +2 

I'm especially interested in how the Ether C is going to perform with the Mjolnir/GungnirMB-combo.

reddog likes this.
  4. MattTCG
    ^^ Dan Clark says Ether/Mjo2 is good when tubes are employed. 

5. jjacq
    What about the LCD-X? Is the X + Mjolnir 2 Tubes a bad mix? Also just making sure, I can use the Mjolnir 2 with IEMs too right?

6. reddog
    Sweet to hear, I plan to use my NOS Telefunken E88CC platinum tubes as well as my NOS Ediswan tubes. I will only use my LISST tubes for burning in headphones. I will burn in the amp for 100 hours, then start listening critically. I am interested in mow the the MJ2 drives the ETHER as well as the HE1K, in balanced XLR. I still need to get a custom Norne cable for the HE1K.

7. tuxbass
    Fedex and it's annoying stubbornness to stick to the estimated delivery date, Grrrr.
    My MJ2 is stuck in a location ~50 miles from me for the last 3 days now. Torture :) .... Still one more day to wait.

8. Mediahound

FedEx always hold to their quoted delivery date even if the shipment gets to the local hub earlier. UPS however will sometimes deliver early if they happen to get the shipment to the local hub early and they are able to. 

9. leafs
    That's my experience too.

10. tuxbass
    @Mediahound I see you've your A5 hooked up to MJ2. I plan on doing the same when I get mine.
    Are you using the unbalanced preamp out for this ?
    What is your impression on SQ ?

11. Mediahound

I am. It sounds surprisingly good.

I haven't tried hooking them up directly to the dac RCA outs yet but I could do that and then control the volume on the speaker volume knob, as another option.

12. tuxbass
    Cool thanks.
    You already the "final" setup I would like to get to :) ... I'm still missing the Wyrd and GMB in my chain. I may bother you with questions on my way to getting there. 

13. money4me247 Contributor
    anyone with this combo running hifiman headphones (maybe even the he-1k?) =P

14. Arnotts
    I'm very interested in the LCD-X, HD800 or HD650 impressions from the Mojo2 :).

Considering switching out my Liquid Carbon order for the Mjolnir 2.

PurdueAlum likes this.
  15. Poimandres
    I did that recently even before the announcement of the latest delay. I don't regret it.

First

Back
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Next

Last